[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Pocomail on the road

Pocomail on the road

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Pocomail on the road

Postby ente » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:54 am

Lately I was travelling around and had Pocomail with me on a netbook, using secure and not secured wireless connections.
I had two problems:
1. Everytime I used another wireless connection, I had to edit the account setup for the outgoing server. - Would there be a way to have that automated inside the .ini, respectively the accounts setup?

2. Even more boring: whenever I started Pocomail with another wireless connection, Pocomail started to collect not only the new mails, but all the mails, I had not yet received with that new connection, that means, also all the mails I had been downloading before with an prior used wifi. Is there a way to make Pocomail first looking on the computer what has been downloaded allready, before starting fetching what only looks to be new. Or is there something wrong with my settings?

Would that be different (=solve the problems) when using Email Voyager or myInfoToGo? What is the functional difference between Voyager and myInfoToGo?
Thanks, ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:54 pm

1. You can leave outgoing servers for individual accounts undefined, and use global definitions in Options, Default Server, I think.
Recently there was also added the Copy SMTP settings function that could be helpful, if you will press F3 and right-click you can see Copy SMTP Settings menu item, it can be used to quickly propagate any changes if you have more accounts.

2. That's a known problem I'm sorry, at least to some extent (not always) that's happening currently.

I don't think using myInfoToGo will help. myInfoToGo is technically Pocomail 4.1 (ie. the email part).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby ente » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:16 am

Tomas wrote:1. You can leave outgoing servers for individual accounts undefined, and use global definitions in Options, Default Server, I think.
Recently there was also added the Copy SMTP settings function that could be helpful, if you will press F3 and right-click you can see Copy SMTP Settings menu item, it can be used to quickly propagate any changes if you have more accounts.

2. That's a known problem I'm sorry, at least to some extent (not always) that's happening currently.

I do not understand, what this means - and I cannot find out about, because now I'm at home... Is it so, that I can leave the outgoing server blank or shall I simply copy the smtp of my default account. That means, if I use the acccount of the Hotel abc, I copy my smtp.xyz.ch and not, as I felt to have to do, smtp.abc.ch? I have the feeling, when I did not, I got an error message.

Also I'm not sure that I understand, how i have to use the F3 function...

For sure, I understand, what your answer for N° 2 means for me -I'll have to go one using my ultra primitive webmail program coming with my provider's webmail... I s so only with Poco 4.8?

And since I'm in the asking mood. Any idea when 5.0 is going to be on the road?

Regards and many thanks,
ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby jbuk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:42 am

Every time a new account is created PM will download all the mail left on the server.

The trick, as Tomas has said, is to have no SMTP defined in your accounts and to use one global setting in Options which you change for each location you are at. You will then avoid the double downloads.
jbuk
Resident Poster

Postby ente » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:20 am

jbuk wrote:no SMTP defined in your accounts and to use one global setting in Options which you change for each location you are at. You will then avoid the double downloads.

The first part of the sentence, about the SMTP, I understand. But I dont understand what means "global setting which you change for each location". Could you give me an example, may be send me a pix of the settings to my private email? Thanks, ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby jbuk » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:11 am

Ente, the global setting is in Options>Sending Mail>Default server where you then enter the smtp you want to use for all accounts.

It has a drop down menu so that future selection of a previously used smtp can be easily selected.
Hope this makes sense.
jbuk
Resident Poster

Postby ente » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:36 am

jbuk wrote:Ente, the global setting is in Options>Sending Mail>Default server where you then enter the smtp you want to use for all accounts.

It has a drop down menu so that future selection of a previously used smtp can be easily selected.
Hope this makes sense.

Well, now I understand. I always thought, that the "options setting" was related to some other part of the account setting.
Thank you, ente
ente
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To