[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Can't make Barca default email client in Windows 7

Can't make Barca default email client in Windows 7

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Can't make Barca default email client in Windows 7

Postby noramar » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:04 am

I've tried to make Barca my default email client, but I keep getting an error message that it can't write to the registry, and I need to be an admistrator (I am) to write to the registry.

I also tried going through the default programs page (I forget what it's called -- I'm at work now), but Barca isn't listed, and there is no way to add a program to this list.

Is this known behavior under Windows 7, and will it be addressed soon?

Thanks.

Nora
noramar
Drop-in Visitor

Postby luxor » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:28 am

For your first issue try the following:-
Right click on your Barca short cut and select run as administrator, that should help you with that problem. It was the same with Poco in Vista so I would presume the same with Barca & win7

For your second issue see this thread.
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby noramar » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Thank you SO much! This totally fixed both issues. I didn't know about right-clicking to run as administrator. Must be a Windows 7 thing.

Have a great weekend! :D

Nora
noramar
Drop-in Visitor

Postby luxor » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 am

You're welcome :D
Have a nice weekend yourself.
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby jaxgtr » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:11 pm

Here is the fix to this. This works for Vista and Win 7

Go to HKEY_Classes_Root > Barca Mailto.

Right click Barca Mailto, select new, then add a new key named shell, then under shell add another new key named open and finally and a new key under open named command. Once you enter the key named command, you should see a sting option named default in the right hand pane, right click on Default and the enter this text exactly:

"C:\Program Files\Barca2\Barca.exe" /m "%1"

and it will work like it should.

If you want, you can delete the old registry entry, it will not harm anything.

Bruce wrote:The Registry entries are done incorrectly.

What they are:
Code: Select all
DefaultIcon
 |-shell
    |-open
       |-command

What they should be:
Code: Select all
DefaultIcon
shell
 |-open
    |-command