[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Can't send CC or BCC to my own accounts

Can't send CC or BCC to my own accounts

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Can't send CC or BCC to my own accounts

Postby catman915 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:28 am

I have 4 different email accounts with the same provider. If i originate an email with one as sender and place another in the "To" and one or more of the others in the "CC" or "BCC" fields and send it only the one in the "To" box receives it. Apparently if I use other people's addresses in "CC" and "BCC" instead they receive them. Am I doing something wrong. Would appreciate any assistance
catman915
Poco Tourist

Re: Can't send CC or BCC to my own accounts

Postby dskirk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:43 am

catman915 wrote:I have 4 different email accounts with the same provider. If i originate an email with one as sender and place another in the "To" and one or more of the others in the "CC" or "BCC" fields and send it only the one in the "To" box receives it. Apparently if I use other people's addresses in "CC" and "BCC" instead they receive them. Am I doing something wrong. Would appreciate any assistance

This sounds like an issue with your provider. I have multiple accounts and have never lost a message. For what it's worth, you might try setting the split count to 1, which should set separate copies to each account in the queue. PM wouldn't know that the accounts are related as a common domain for many people is not uncommon.
david
dskirk
Drop-in Visitor

Postby catman915 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:36 am

Thanks David. I tried that and it still doesn't work.
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby dskirk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:26 am

catman915 wrote:Thanks David. I tried that and it still doesn't work.

Well, the split should have worked. To test it, I wrote an email to myself and put my id three times in the TO field and twice in the CC field and PM queued 5 emails, as expected. I know you don't want the split and I was just suggesting that to confirm that PM was sending to all the ids.

So... I'm not sure what didn't work.
1. click to compose a new email
2. click Message>Split Message
3. enter the various email ids
4. click send - a menu should pop up for the split. click the pulldown to reduce the number to 1 and the menu should show that it will send a number of emails.

If the above isn't working, then something is messed up with your PM and my first thought would be to reinstall (but that's just a guess.) I'm assuming you're using version 4.8.
david
dskirk
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To