[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Help importing contacts from Gmail

Help importing contacts from Gmail

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Help importing contacts from Gmail

Postby noramar » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 am

I originally posted this in another topic, but got no answers, so maybe I'll get some replies now.

I'm quite frustrated trying to import my Gmail contacts. It's very difficult to match up the Barca fields with the incoming fields. Mainly I think it's because of the horizontal scrolling. It's really hard to see what you've already matched, and what else is left over on the right. Is there a way to get a list of the existing fields so that I can "massage" my incoming file prior to attempting the import? When adding a new contact, there seems to be a whole lot more fields than are available when importing an existing contacts file. How come?

Any help from someone who has successfully imported Gmail contacts would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I'd rather just add them in manually, one by one. :(

Thanks.
noramar
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Help importing contacts from Gmail

Postby Eric » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:04 am

noramar wrote:Otherwise, I'd rather just add them in manually, one by one. :(
I guess the best way to do it would be to create a dummy contact first.
Open with Excel, so you'll see all the fields.
Next Copy & Paste and when done save as *.ini.

Hope you'll succeed this way. ;)
Eric

Postby noramar » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:14 am

Hmmm ... I hadn't thought to do that. I did enter a dummy contact and opened it to see the fields, but I was hoping to use it to help me import the original file. It didn't work.

I'll try this approach and see how it goes. I've already entered a few manually, but I'd be quite happy if I can do it this way and avoid a couple of hours of hard labor. :)

Thanks!
noramar
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:47 am

Let me know how it goes.
If you encounter problems, report back too.

Good luck with it. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To