[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Pocomail Is Placing Sent e-mails in Outbox

Pocomail Is Placing Sent e-mails in Outbox

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Pocomail Is Placing Sent e-mails in Outbox

Postby Davidf » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:25 am

So each time I check e-mail, it goes into an endless loop sending the same e-mails again and again. Some of my friends have not appreciated this.

I think I checked a box somewhere to have sent mail go to the out box (not realizing the loop thing would happen) when I was setting it up, but I can't find it.

My understanding now is that the Outbox is just for queued messages. "Sent" is for sent mail (in Eudora, both were in the same box).

Thanks for help.

David
Davidf
Poco Tourist

Re: Pocomail Is Placing Sent e-mails in Outbox

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 am

Davidf wrote:So each time I check e-mail, it goes into an endless loop sending the same e-mails again and again. Some of my friends have not appreciated this.
I'm sure that's annoying for your friends. :?
Please move those e-mails out of the Out folder into another one. For example Draft.
I think I checked a box somewhere to have sent mail go to the out box (not realizing the loop thing would happen) when I was setting it up, but I can't find it.
:idea: Did you check your account :?:
See Tools > Accounts Setup. Go to the Folder tab.

Or perhaps you created a new message and pressed on Queue, so it ends up in the Out folder. Better press Draft when finished or Sent it immediately.
My understanding now is that the Outbox is just for queued messages. "Sent" is for sent mail (in Eudora, both were in the same box).
Correct.
Don't remember about Eudora, since it's been a long time ago that I've used it at work.
I suppose you're right on that point.

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Messages Sent to Out Box

Postby Davidf » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:34 am

Hi Eric, yep it was in the account set-up. Thanks for all your help today!

David
Davidf
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:43 am

My pleasure David. ;)
Eric

Storing Sent Messages to the Outbox

Postby Davidf » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:37 am

While I fixed the problem by going into accounts and changing the option so sent messages go to the sent box, may I for future users STRONGLY SUGGEST that you remove the option of being able to set it up that way.

What it creates is an endless loop, sending every message in the outbox to the recipient but storing it in the outbox so it is sent to the recipient again. Because this happens somewhat invisibly in the background while you are working on other things, I didn't notice it, and some people got more than 100 of the same e-mail.

So when I told my friends, I found this great new e-mail program, PocoMail, and oh yes, I did run into a little glitch when I set it up, that's why you got those 100 messages from me, they were not as enthused about my new program.

A new user unfamiliar with the program who thinks "Out Box" is a perfectly sensible place to store sent mail should not be given that option. End of soap box.

Thank you,

David
Davidf
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:51 am

Thank you for suggestion David, I took a note of it.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To