[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - send also to other address

send also to other address

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

send also to other address

Postby ente » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:01 am

I would like to have send a copy of all outgoing mail also to another address.
I would like to have this done not by adding this other address to CC or BC, but automatically when sending a mail.

I tried to do this by a filter in outgoing and also in post-send - without success. I used "forward" - but I got the feeling, that then the mail goes only to the address which is mentioned in "forward" and not any longer to the address mentioned in the to field.
Is that so?
Thank you, Ente
ente
Resident Poster

Re: send also to other address

Postby blakelyg » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:36 am

ente wrote:I would like to have send a copy of all outgoing mail also to another address.
I would like to have this done not by adding this other address to CC or BC, but automatically when sending a mail.

I tried to do this by a filter in outgoing and also in post-send - without success. I used "forward" - but I got the feeling, that then the mail goes only to the address which is mentioned in "forward" and not any longer to the address mentioned in the to field.
Is that so?
Thank you, Ente

Not sure if this would work or not. Why not do a template and put the email address in that you would like to be included (on the To: CC: or BCC: Line). Then you could assign the template to either new mails or to certain clients, groups etc. Finally In the Pocomail settings under the Sending Mail Option, you could set it up to Split Messages if Total Recipients More than x (I use 1). Any message with more than 1 recipient (including CC and BCC) will be split. I am not at home - but I think those are the setting items. Would that work for you?
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby ente » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:53 am

blakelyg wrote:Not sure if this would work or not. Why not do a template and put the email address in that you would like to be included (on the To: CC: or BCC: Line). Then you could assign the template to either new mails or to certain clients, groups etc. Finally In the Pocomail settings under the Sending Mail Option, you could set it up to Split Messages if Total Recipients More than x (I use 1). Any message with more than 1 recipient (including CC and BCC) will be split. I am not at home - but I think those are the setting items. Would that work for you?

Thank you for that fast reply. I need this command only for the time, when I'm not in. I would like to see abroad not only the incoming mail, but also the answers. - I hoped to get around to edit all my templates (about 80) - now I will have to have of all these templates two versions - one for the time I'm in, and one whem I'm out. What I don't understand is, how can I create a template for a not organized mail, that means, all mails for which there is no template and how can I assign such a template to the "new" command.
Tnx,
ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby ente » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:03 am

blakelyg wrote:Not sure if this would work or not. Why not do a template and put the email address in that you would like to be included (on the To: CC: or BCC: Line). Then you could assign the template to either new mails or to certain clients, groups etc. Finally In the Pocomail settings under the Sending Mail Option, you could set it up to Split Messages if Total Recipients More than x (I use 1). Any message with more than 1 recipient (including CC and BCC) will be split. I am not at home - but I think those are the setting items. Would that work for you?

Thank you for that fast reply. I need this command only for the time, when I'm not in. I would like to see abroad not only the incoming mail, but also the answers. - I hoped to get around to edit all my templates (about 80) - now I will have to have of all these templates two versions - one for the time I'm in, and one whem I'm out. What I don't understand is, how can I create a template for a not organized mail, that means, all mails for which there is no template and how can I assign such a template to the "new" command.
Tnx,
ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby MarkB » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:29 am

ente wrote:I would like to have send a copy of all outgoing mail also to another address.

It's very easy to add a BCC address automatically to all outgoing mail. It's easy to turn this on and off by means of a filter. I'm wondering why you reject the use of BCC.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Postby ente » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:04 am

MarkB wrote:It's very easy to add a BCC address automatically to all outgoing mail. It's easy to turn this on and off by means of a filter. I'm wondering why you reject the use of BCC.

Hello MarkB,
I'm not against BCC, but I abhore having to tell people that they have every time to add an address to BCC since they have already problems to fill in a template orderly.
What you say - add a bcc by means of a filter - is excactly what I would like to have. Only: I was not able to find out how this has to be done.
Please let me know. Tnx?
Ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby MarkB » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:40 am

I understood your original post to be asking for a method to have mail that you send via PocoMail to a primary address also automatically go to a secondary address. You are the sender. Someone else is the recipient. A copy of your message goes to a second address.

Now you appear to be looking for a way to have mail that someone else sends to your primary address also automatically be sent to your secondary address. You are the recipient. Someone else is the sender. A copy of the sender's message goes to a second address.

Is either of those close?

Sorry, blakelyg. I wasn't trying to take over the thread.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Postby ente » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:07 am

MarkB wrote:I understood your original post to be asking for a method to have mail that you send via PocoMail to a primary address also automatically go to a secondary address. You are the sender. Someone else is the recipient. A copy of your message goes to a second address.

Now you appear to be looking for a way to have mail that someone else sends to your primary address also automatically be sent to your secondary address. You are the recipient. Someone else is the sender. A copy of the sender's message goes to a second address.

Is either of those close?

Sorry, blakelyg. I wasn't trying to take over the thread.

MarkB,

It's the first version, I'm looking for: I'm the sender and a copy of that outgoing mail should go to a 2nd address/recipient

ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby MarkB » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:24 am

Filter outgoing mail. Have the filter run this script:
Code: Select all
AddBCC "address@domain.com"

Enable the filter to start adding the BCC address. Disable the filter to stop.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Postby ente » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:53 am

MarkB wrote:Filter outgoing mail. Have the filter run this script:
AddBCC "address@domain.com"

Enable the filter to start adding the BCC address. Disable the filter to stop.

MarkB,

I wrote the script exactly as told with this two lines 1. Code, 2 AddBCC "address@domain.com.

When I run the filter, I get the message

"AddBCC needs two parameters"

Have I to add that second recipient inside the script. If yes, how?

Sorry for being so ignorant
Ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby MarkB » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:05 am

My mistake!
AddBCC %message "address@domain.com"

Sorry.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Postby ente » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:17 am

MarkB wrote:My mistake!

Sorry.

Sorry: Now I get no reaction at all when I try to run the filter
??
ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby ente » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:23 am

ente wrote:

Sorry.

??
ente

Have I to replace 'address@domain.com' by the address of the recipient I want that mail to go?
ente
Resident Poster

Postby ente » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:31 am

ente wrote:
ente wrote:

Sorry.

??
ente

Have I to replace 'address@domain.com' by the address of the recipient I want that mail to go?

MarkB
wonderfull. I just did it: replace that 'address@domain.com' by my second recipient's address and now it worked.
Great, tnx
ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby MarkB » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:32 am

ente wrote:Have I to replace 'address@domain.com' by the address of the recipient I want that mail to go?

Absolutely. Yes.

When run against an OUTGOING message, the script adds a BCC address. When run against a selected message, it does nothing. Make sure that your filter is enabled with a check mark. Make sure the the filter is actually triggered.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Next

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To