[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - nothing in body when I attempt to forward message

nothing in body when I attempt to forward message

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

nothing in body when I attempt to forward message

Postby catman915 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:44 am

When I attempt to forward a message there is nothing in the body of the message. Used to work, would appreciate any assistance. Thanks
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:54 am

Does it happen with every message or with a particular message :?:
If with a particular message, I suppose it uses incorrect HTML.
Forward such a message as an attachment to the Poco Systems Helpdesk.

:!: If with all messages, please check Tools > Options > Quoting Text.
Verify the Forward tab, as well as your quoting settings.
The box 'Insert Header' is checked and the following code is
entered in the Forward tab.

Code: Select all
To: %to%
Cc: %cc%
Sent: %header%:"Date"

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Postby catman915 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:54 am

It seems to be only mail from one yahoo group. Can't figure out how to attach the message as an .eml to this response To show you. All messages from this group fail.
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:03 am

catman915 wrote:It seems to be only mail from one yahoo group.
Ah, that's a known problem. :?
See Problems with viewing messages from Yahoo Groups.
Can't figure out how to attach the message as an .eml to this response To show you. All messages from this group fail.
Select the message you received and press Shift+CTRL+W, or you could assign that button to your toolbar.
This way the message will be attached as an EML. :)
Eric

Postby catman915 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:36 am

I can't seem to be able to edit the message before sending this way. Is there another way? Thanks
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:30 pm

catman915 wrote:I can't seem to be able to edit the message before sending this way. Is there another way?
You don't need to edit the message.
Select the message and press those shortcuts or go to Message > Forward as Attachment.
The message will be automatically added as an attachment to a new message. :)

Happy Easter holidays. :wink:
Eric

Postby catman915 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:29 am

Happy Easter to You Also! I understand how to forward that way without changing anything in the message, but what if I want to edit the content ie; remove things before sending?
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:53 am

catman915 wrote:but what if I want to edit the content ie; remove things before sending?
Right-click on the message > Edit Stored Message > Edit Complete message.
Save afterwards.

That's it. :wink:
Eric

Postby catman915 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:42 pm

that works with normal messages but then forwarded normal messages can be edited ok. It doesn't work with Yahoo groups mail, they come up empty just as they do when you try to forward them. Thanks
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:10 pm

catman915 wrote:that works with normal messages but then forwarded normal messages can be edited ok. It doesn't work with Yahoo groups mail, they come up empty just as they do when you try to forward them. Thanks
Sorry. :oops:
Maybe you could save the message and open it with an HTML-editor. You could eventually remove the wrong HTML so the message will display.

Perhaps someone else has another idea. :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:58 am

catman915 wrote:It doesn't work with Yahoo groups mail, they come up empty just as they do when you try to forward them.

If "Edit Stored Message > Edit Complete message" gives empty message display, click on the Raw View button on the toolbar (after "Edit Complete Message", as it's only displayed while in edit mode).

If you wish to edit the message only to submit it here, that would probably not work well though. To submit raw message intact in original format, please save it to .eml (File > Save Message) and submit to helpdesk (http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/) for support.

If you wish to edit the message so that you can forward it to others (ie. you wish to remove the original email addresses) please submit a support request (through menu Help > Email support) and I can send you a script that can accomplish that.

You can also first try the following settings that might help in some cases:
- through menu Tools > Options, in Message Format page "Always use this message format" shall be set to "Just Styled", and in Quoting Text page the option "Use quote-character for forwards as well" shall be unticked
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby catman915 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:51 am

I've Solved the problem. In the "Group Email preferences" on Yahoo there is a setting for "Message Preference". the choices are "Traditional" and "Fully Featured". Mine was set to "Traditional", when I changed it to "Fully Featured" it solved the problem. I'm not sure what the setting actually does but I can now forward my Yahoo Group messages just like any other. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.
catman915
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To