[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - When sending I receive the following error ...

When sending I receive the following error ...

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

When sending I receive the following error ...

Postby maxicomm » Mon May 10, 2010 12:02 am

Have just received info from Virginmedia about updating my email settings as they have obviously done a deal with Google re the email handling/engine etc.

Anyway the end result is that I have to change my POP3 and SMTP settings ... which I have done in accrodance with the guidelines ...

... and this is what I've set in Barca ...

... trouble is, when I send, I get the following error report ...

"Sending message (10/05/2010 12:39:35)...

Logging into smtp.ntlworld.com server...
Command is locally disabled"

I thought that it might be a Virginmedia error but the other email which is setup on my mobile phone, using the same settings works fine !

Anyone got any idea as to what the 'Command is locally disabled' refers to ... and more importantly, how to resolve the issue ????

THanks
maxicomm
Poco Tourist

Re: When sending I receive the following error ...

Postby Eric » Wed May 12, 2010 8:28 am

maxicomm wrote:Anyone got any idea as to what the 'Command is locally disabled' refers to ... and more importantly, how to resolve the issue ????
Found this: A 502 'command is locally disabled' basically means that the SMTP server received a command it does not recoginize.

So my guess there's something wrong with your account settings.
Have you tried to use a different type of Authentication Type :?:

Just play with it, it's what I always do. Remove the existing account first to exclude possible errors on input.
Remember to take note of all the settings you tried out. :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Wed May 26, 2010 8:25 am

It might have been because TLS/STARTTLS option was not ticked in the Outgoing tab. Hope it was resolved already but if not please let me know here or submit a support request.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To