[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Mails get lost, attachments get lost, contents get lost

Mails get lost, attachments get lost, contents get lost

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Mails get lost, attachments get lost, contents get lost

Postby ente » Wed May 26, 2010 3:46 am

Since I have a new desktop (Dell) and have to use Windows 7, Pocomail isn't anymore what it used to be.
As I mentioned before, in the index the date shows (today)
5/26/2010 17:02 PM
yesterday it was
26:05:2010 17:02
But this is only annoying. Rather alarming is:
>>> Mails get lost. Mails which I have received (and wehich have been answered automatically with the help of scripts by MarkB) get lost their folder.
>>> Mails which ought to have an attachment arrive with the header only
>>> Mails which ought to have some text in the body, arrive with the header only
Very alarming is:
>>> Mails, once downloaded, disappear from the server (even so in the account is selected, to delete mail only after 15 days

Finally: I looking in vain for the command to mark all mails which are double in a folder - this is of course, my problem and not that of pocomail
:oops: [/list]

Help and consolation for the problems of both, pocomails and mine, would be greatly appreciated
ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Wed May 26, 2010 8:03 am

As I mentioned before, in the index the date shows (today)
5/26/2010 17:02 PM
yesterday it was
26:05:2010 17:02

This is a known problem, it should be fixed.
(Generally the date shall be set in accordance with your Windows local settings, but in Windows 7 U.S. date formatting is used due to a bug.)

>>> Mails get lost. Mails which I have received (and wehich have been answered automatically with the help of scripts by MarkB) get lost their folder.
>>> Mails which ought to have some text in the body, arrive with the header only
Very alarming is:
>>> Mails, once downloaded, disappear from the server (even so in the account is selected, to delete mail only after 15 days

Please submit a support request.
Generally this could be for two reasons:
- conflict with a security software
- wrong data path - if you have chosen your data to be stored under Program Files folder, ie. in same place where the executable is, that worked with up to Windows XP, but will not work with Vista nor Windows 7

Finally: I looking in vain for the command to mark all mails which are double in a folder - this is of course, my problem and not that of pocomail

Unless it's something which was already discussed in more deteail before in which case it might be on wishlist already, there is a command similar to what you are looking for, through menu Folder > Folder Tools > Tag Duplicate Messages
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby ente » Wed May 26, 2010 7:08 pm

Tomas wrote:
Very alarming is:

- wrong data path - if you have chosen your data to be stored under Program Files folder, ie. in same place where the executable is, that worked with up to Windows XP, but will not work with Vista nor Windows 7

Unless it's something which was already discussed in more deteail before in which case it might be on wishlist already, there is a command similar to what you are looking for, through menu Folder > Folder Tools > Tag Duplicate Messages

Good morning Tomas,
thank you for that fast answer.
And last things first: That was the command I was looking for. I had searched everywhere but in folder. Tnx.

You write that the executables and the data may not be any longer in the same folder. They are not! I have the executables - actually it was pocomail decision when installing the program:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Pocomail4
And the data are stored in:
P:\ABC\Daten\PocomailDaten (this is the server)
Should this be tolerable ore have they to be somewhere else. I have them placed here because this drive gets backuped every day while the workstation, which does not get backuped, because there I had, with the old XP-computer, apart of the Poco data (under C:\Users\ABCA.ABC\Application Data) no valuable data. Gladly I could restore the Poco data because I make everyday a backup of Poco when closing down...
Please let me know which would be the correct place for executables and where do I have to place the data.
Tahnk you,
ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby ente » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:38 am

Very alarming is:

All the mail gets in again, full and completly, of course also those, I would prefer not to get.
It was not Windows 7 and not a wrong path,
but a wrong filter (I had set) :oops:

...and it was Tomas who found out about! Many thanks,
ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:40 am

You are most welcome. I'm glad we have uncovered the source of the problems after all :)
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To