[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Virus check notification

Virus check notification

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Virus check notification

Postby weese237 » Thu May 17, 2007 6:07 am

Hello,
I'm using PM 4.1. Is there any way to stop the automatic attachments from the Virus scan?

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.6.8/800 - Release Date: 5/11/2007 7:34 PM

I don't want to stop the virus scanning, just the addition of the attachment to the email. For me, I like to know if someone really sent an attachment and not have it be the notice.

Thanks!

Louise

~ Moved from PocoMail ... Eric ~
weese237
Poco Tourist

Re: Virus check notification

Postby Eric » Thu May 17, 2007 6:53 am

Hi Louise,
weese237 wrote:Is there any way to stop the automatic attachments from the Virus scan?
It has nothing to do with Poco, but instead with AVG.

You'll have to look into AVG's Options to stop those notifications.
I don't use AVG and never did, so perhaps someone using AVG can help you better with it :?:
Eric

Postby weese237 » Thu May 17, 2007 9:00 am

Hello Eric,

Oh, I didn't realize that. I just assumed..... :oops:

As you said, maybe someone using AVG will know the answer. In any case, I'll head over to the AVG website and see if I can find something there as well.

Thanks again!

Louise
weese237
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Thu May 17, 2007 9:21 am

It's in the options of AVG's email checking module. Unfortunately I don't have it installed anymore, so I can't help further with detailed path to it :(
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Eric » Thu May 17, 2007 9:23 am

No problem Louise. ;)

Maybe this can help:
On the Certification tab you can edit/change the incoming outgoing certification notice that is added to affected emails (depending on previous attachment settings). This can be changed to anything desired such as (but not limited to) "This email has been scanned with AVG and presumed virus free."
Hope that helps you finding it. :)

Edit: Tomas was faster this time. :oops: :lol: :D
Last edited by Eric on Thu May 17, 2007 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Postby weese237 » Thu May 17, 2007 9:23 am

Ok, Found the answer over at AVG. For those interested:

Bring up your AVG Control Center
(Double Click)E-mail Scanner -> Configure ->
(Disable)Certify mail Incoming & Outgoing ->
OK->OK.

Restart your system for new settings to take effect. This will disable the certs so that no changes are made to the email but AVG will still scan the emails.

Thanks Eric for sending me in the right direction!

Louise
weese237
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu May 17, 2007 9:25 am

Our pleasure Louise.
Glad to be of help. ;)
Eric

Postby taly12 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:56 pm

Hi! I used to work with Avg but made me some problems. I couldn't escape from viruses so I had to install another antivirus. Did you try kaspersky v7? I guess it'll help you

~ Removed link to unknown website ... Eric ~
taly12
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:25 am

H taly12 & welcome to Poco Forums, :D

Latest version is Kaspersky 2010 8)
Eric

Return to Email Hall