[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Emoticons

Emoticons

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Emoticons

Postby Penintel56 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:25 am

Hello all of you!
If you are in our hemisphere, I wish you a splendid Summer as the days we are enjoying in Brittany!
A slight problem: I am using Pocomail 4.8, and it works wonders.
But in the folder-pane, an empy folder (grey) labelled "Emoticons" appears... but empty.
Although in Pocomail4, it appears ans is NOT empty.
How can I use these emoticons in my mail?
It is not such a "serious" issue, but I like evrything ship-shape!
All the best!
Pierre 8)
Pierre
Penintel56
Poco Tourist

Postby luxor » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:23 am

Hi Pierre

Nice summer day here too. :)

To insert an emoticon (smiley) in an email all you have to do is click on the smiley face in the compose email window. (see screenshot).

I'm not sure why you can see the Emoticon folder in your folder-pane though. As it is not there in my copy.
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:48 am

To add something from PocoReport:
Emoticons are kept in a directory appropriately called Emoticons inside Barca or PocoMail program folder - use Windows Explorer to navigate there. You will find the default emoticons already present as series of GIF files. You can leave them in place when adding new emoticons, or remove them if they don't suit your tastes. To keep newly added emoticons organized we recommend creating sub-folders within Emoticons folder. For example, you can create Happy and Sad folders and place appropriate images in each. When composing messages, your newly added emoticons will be grouped according to the folders you created.
8)

It's been quite hot here, so a great summer's starting.
Hope it will last though. :roll:
Eric

All' swell!

Postby Penintel56 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Thank you Luxor, and of course, Eric, still "holding the fort"!
O.K. for the emoticons now! I knew how to use them, but did not understand thet "grey" empty folder "Emoticons" appearing on the left pane. It has now disappeared, ghost-like!
The only unwelcome guest is, on top "Contacts" that I would not wish to see in the pane, but it is really of very little importance!
When I succeed in installing the script for "Return_receipt.poc" and have it worked, it will be perfect!
Thanks again to both of you!
All the best!
Pierre :D
Pierre
Penintel56
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To