[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - MAILTO fix (setting Pocomail/Barca as default email program)

MAILTO fix (setting Pocomail/Barca as default email program)

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby seraulu1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Thank you for that.learn hypnosis
seraulu1
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:59 am

The utility posted only moves a registry key from wrong location to the right one.

So it's crucial that after Pocomail/Barca installation the "make default" button in options was clicked at least once, otherwise there would be no registry key to move.

The mailto in attachment is still a mystery to me.

Solution for mailto in attachment for Firefox:
Through Firefox menu go to Tools > Options, click on Applications, type mailto into the search field, and change it to Pocomail (default) if set to something else. (even Use Pocomail is wrong, it shall be set to Pocomail (default).

If that will not work, it will work with Mozes, a Firefox addon. The trouble with Mozex is that it doesn't get updates with new Firefox releases. I did our own Mozex update to FF3.5 when they still didn't have it, now they do have 3.5 but it doesn't work with 3.6 and this time changes are probably more complicated and I wasn't able to make own Mozex release compatible with FF3.6. Still for the record the instructions:
You can install latest development version of mozex from http://mozex.mozdev.org/
In Firefox go to Tools>Add ons>Mozex>Options>Mail.
Tick the box "Intercept mailto: clicks" and enter the following line:
"C:\Program Files\PocoMail4\poco.exe" /m mailto:%a&subject=%s&body=%b"

The line containing the path to the executable, might differ on your computer.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby jaxgtr » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Here is the fix to this. This works for Vista and Win 7

Go to HKEY_Classes_Root > Barca Mailto.

Right click Barca Mailto, select new, then add a new key named shell, then under shell add another new key named open and finally and a new key under open named command. Once you enter the key named command, you should see a sting option named default in the right hand pane, right click on Default and the enter this text exactly:

"C:\Program Files\Barca2\Barca.exe" /m "%1"

and it will work like it should. If you have Pocomail, just subsitute poco mail for the barca and you should be in good shape.

If you want, you can delete the old registry entry, it will not harm anything.

Bruce wrote:The Registry entries are done incorrectly.

What they are:
Code: Select all
DefaultIcon
 |-shell
    |-open
       |-command

What they should be:
Code: Select all
DefaultIcon
shell
 |-open
    |-command

jaxgtr
Poco Enthusiast

Postby drjamie03 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:51 pm

This still doesn't work for me. I still get the new mail window with the attachment that you have to click on to get it to work correctly.
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby jaxgtr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:00 am

You might need to reselect the option to make Barca\Pocomail the default for email and the Internet Mail Protocol. Take a look and see if was is listed or if it still says unknown. If still unknown, check the select all check box and then save.

I am working correctly in Opera 10.1, FF 3.5.7 and IE 8

drjamie03 wrote:This still doesn't work for me. I still get the new mail window with the attachment that you have to click on to get it to work correctly.
jaxgtr
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Flashfox » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:17 am

drjamie03 wrote:This still doesn't work for me. I still get the new mail window with the attachment that you have to click on to get it to work correctly.

Encountered the same problem in Windows 7 Professional x86. I have been trying other mail apps (The Bat, Becky2, etc.) and they are recognized by the "mailto:" function. I extracted the registry tweak and ran it. Afterward, Barca appeared as a valid E-mail application for "mailto:".
Flashfox

At last I setup Pocomail as default in Windows 7

Postby Antonio47 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:10 am

After couple hours at last I managed to setup PocoMail as window 7 - default email program.

HOW I SOLVED THE PROBLEM
1- Download the patch file pocomrf.zip (posted in this topic at the very top on page 1)
2- Extracted the file
3- Make sure PocoMail is running
4- Go back where you extracted the zip file
5- Place the mouse over the pocomrf.exe file and press the mouse right/button
6- Select from the options: Runs as administrator (2nd option from the top) and run it.

That's it

To verify if is working: go internet and visit a website where you can see a CONTACT US link and click on it, Pocomail sending messages interface should be loading.
Antonio47
New Arrival

Re: At last I setup Pocomail as default in Windows 7

Postby Eric » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:16 am

Antonio47 wrote:After couple hours at last I managed to setup PocoMail as window 7 - default email program.
Thanks for the solution Tony.
It will surely help others experiencing the same problem. :)
Eric

Re: MAILTO fix (setting Pocomail/Barca as default email prog

Postby mezzers » Thu May 20, 2010 4:35 am

Just wanted to add that the registry fix below worked for me. Previously my mailto protocol was associated with "unknown program", keeping me from opening a new email from Access 2003. Now mailto is correctly associated with Pocomail and the email button I created in Access works as expected.

Thanks!

Mez

Pocomail 4.8 / Vista Home Premium

Tomas wrote:There seems to have been a typo in the latest update, in the registry writing routine, causing Mailto not work (eg. if you click on mailto link on any webpage, Pocomail/Barca will not open new message editor).
Thank you Bruce for discovering the cause!

For the meantime, here are quick patches available:

Pocomail registry patch

Barca registry patch

Barca Pro registry patch

Running the executable inside the archive, will change the wrong registry key location (if present) to the correct one.

Step by step instructions:
- download the file relevant to your software
- double click on the downloaded zip archive to open it
- double click on the executable file (pocomrf.exe or barcamrf.exe or barcapromrf.exe) to run it
That's it. There will be no messages, executable runs for a second or so.

If asked by your security program (antivirus, ...), allow a (one-time if choice is available) registry access and writing for this executable.
mezzers
Poco Tourist

Postby ente » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:55 pm

Tomas wrote:Thank you!

I should have also noted that if someone is afraid of running the fix, it's possible to get same effect by manually editing your Windows registry...just say so if you prefer that and I'll add the details.

Hallo Tomas,

Me to, I'd prefer to edit the registry... Only, when looking after the key Sandy mentioned, the only "mailto" I found within HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT was
Standard Reg_SZ Microsoft HTML mailto Pluggable Protocol

(I use Windows 7 Professional)

Have I to look somewhere else, have you another registry key or shall I simply ad the line given by Sandy

Thank you, Ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby rdwilson » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:02 pm

I had been wresting with this for a while and had manually added the seemingly correct registry key in Win7 Ultimate 64-bit.
The path:
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs\Set Program Associations

Still showed "unknown application" for the mailto: option. After applying the posted .exe it works fine.

Thanks for the fix.

Rick
rdwilson
Drop-in Visitor

Postby NZRussell » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Have downloaded Barca Registry Patch double clicked on the downloaded zip archive to open it then double clicked on barcamrf.exe to run it and got a message saying "barcamrf.exe has stopped working" followed by "Check online for a solution and close the program". As I have tried several times and had no success I wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

I have done the download more than once in case I had a corrupt file.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit to add something I missed before. -

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: barcamrf.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e2111c0
Exception Code: 0eedfade
Exception Offset: 0000d36f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 5129
Additional Information 1: e2d3
Additional Information 2: e2d32ff71641747d70ac15eb2a25de17
Additional Information 3: 99e9
Additional Information 4: 99e9f9d2993348ae67cf6b02c371be2e

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
NZRussell
Poco Tourist

Previous

Return to General Discussion