[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - lost filters? [Solved]

lost filters? [Solved]

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

lost filters? [Solved]

Postby scubaman » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:21 pm

I lost all my filters! Had in and out filters defined. Suddenly my messages are not getting sorted. And when I open filters I see they are gone! I found a file filters.ini but that's not it... I added a filter and filters. ini did not change - unless I am looking in the wrong directory? How can the file disappear?

I am using 4.8.0.4400
Regards,
Rich
=========================
Richard L Kleinhenz
http://beautifulhandmadepens.com
scubaman
Drop-in Visitor

Re: lost filters?

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:24 am

Hi Richard & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
scubaman wrote:I lost all my filters! Had in and out filters defined. Suddenly my messages are not getting sorted. And when I open filters I see they are gone!
Sorry to hear that. :shock:
I found a file filters.ini but that's not it... I added a filter and filters. ini did not change - unless I am looking in the wrong directory? How can the file disappear?
Make sure the filters.ini isn't marked 'Read Only'.

Don't know why the file isn't present anymore.
Could be several causes. The main cause would be a cleaning program, for example Ace Utilities. If not defined, it can clean all ini-files.

First thing is to restore your filters, next to find the cause.

Let me know how it goes. ;)
Eric

Postby scubaman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:29 am

Found the filters and restored them. Looks like I also lost all my contacts. :cry: I have a backup copy of CourierAddress.ini and put it in the Adress folder - do not see them, there must be something else?
Regards,
Rich
Richard L Kleinhenz
scubaman
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:24 pm

scubaman wrote:Found the filters and restored them. Looks like I also lost all my contacts. :cry:
Seems like something did a good cleanup. :?
I have a backup copy of CourierAddress.ini and put it in the Adress folder - do not see them, there must be something else?
Poco will load your adresses, but in order to do so it must be in Poco's format.

If it is, go to Tools > Options > Contacts and add CourierAddress.ini to it.

Hope it will work now. ;)
Eric

Postby scubaman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:25 am

I'm back in business, thanks!
Regards,
Rich
Richard L Kleinhenz
scubaman
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:52 am

You're welcome Rich :wink:
Glad you got that sorted out.
Now up to you to find the culprit.
Eric

Postby scubaman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:22 am

It must have been a crash or improper unplug of a thumb drive. I found found.* fragments that had filter and address content. So message to self: keep backing up :-)
Regards,
Rich
Richard L Kleinhenz
scubaman
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:01 am

scubaman wrote:It must have been a crash or improper unplug of a thumb drive. I found found.* fragments that had filter and address content. So message to self: keep backing up :-)

One of the possibilities is that data path might have been reset. That could happen if your data path is on a network driver, or if application is on hard drive but data on flash drive, or due to system crash or hard drive error.

Anyway glad that it's resolved. And yes...the boring backup thing...but one you'll be glad you did (remembering a friend who few days ago lost all his family fotos in a hard drive crash...).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To