[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Back up email messages?

Back up email messages?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Back up email messages?

Postby Poconut » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:09 am

Hello,

I was going through the help file and it says Ctrl+A, go to file, then save message etc and it doesn't seem to work for me. I have to backup my messages so I can re-install windows.

I have a Mail folder in Program Files directory not in Poco Mail directory. I don't know if this is it or not. I looked in it and didn't see any messages.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
~Poconut~
Poconut
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Hi Poconut,
Poconut wrote:I was going through the help file and it says Ctrl+A, go to file, then save message etc and it doesn't seem to work for me. I have to backup my messages so I can re-install windows.
Not at home right now, so I'm not sure what you mean by that.
I have a Mail folder in Program Files directory not in Poco Mail directory. I don't know if this is it or not. I looked in it and didn't see any messages.
If you select Tools > Options you can define a directory to perform a backup.
Select the appropriate setting for making a complete backup.

Another way to put everything back would be to put all in a zip file, including the program directory.
When your Windows is re-installed, just copy everthing to its location.
Should be working now, but you'll have to re-enter your license key. :)

Hope that helps and do have a fine weekend. :wink:

Edit: :!: P.S.: If you do have Vista or Win7, I would advise not to use the Program Files to put your Mail folder in.
Instead use another directory like Users/username/App Data/PocoMail or put it on another partition.
Eric

Postby Poconut » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:06 am

Eric thanks. I did do this but thought it was just backing up settings not including messages.
~Poconut~
Poconut
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:59 am

You're welcome Poconut. ;)
Poconut wrote:I did do this but thought it was just backing up settings not including messages.
Just check your backup settings and you'll do just fine.
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To