[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Sub Folder disappeared

Sub Folder disappeared

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Sub Folder disappeared

Postby triples » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:16 pm

I created a Sub Folder in my email account I then closed Pocomail when I restarted Pocomail later the sub folder had disappeared.I was a previous user of Poco Years ago and can't remember this ever happening.
Thank you
triples
New Arrival

Postby robin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi triples - that sounds strange. I've also never heard of that happening...

Some thoughts:

Did you actually complete the creation of the folder?

Has it moved in a list of subfolders (they are sorted alphabetically)?

Did you actually create a sub-folder or an additional folder at the top level - they have different entries in the context menu.

Another thing is that sub folders are simply folders in the structure on the hard disc. Take a look at the mail folders for Poco and see if you can see it in Explorer. Could something else have moved it - AV or something?

:-s
robin

Postby triples » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:33 am

Thanks for you reply.Yes the folder was created successfully although when I right clicked to add the sub folder it was grayed out and I had to do it from the Folder menu.No it's not anywhere to be seen.
triples
New Arrival

Postby robin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:28 am

What OS are you using and where in the folder structure are the data files located?

Vista and Win7 don't like it if you put the mail folders in the Pocomail directory - they need to go into your documents:
"C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Pocomail"

Did you find the folder in Explorer?
robin

Postby triples » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi,
I don't know if I've given you a bum steer with this.I successfully created a folder in the Local Folders section it's in the Online Folders section that I can't make a new folder stick.I use Windows 7 but I have the Pocomail folders on a different partition in case of problems.
Thank you
triples
New Arrival

Postby robin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:25 am

Ah, OK I understand.

Online folders works differently - if you are using online folders for a POP3 account then New folder will not work - POP3 does not permit this. If the account is an IMAP account then the availability of the option will depend upon a) the capability of your IMAP server and b) the IMAP capability of Poco. Poco does not fully implement IMAP.

HTH.
robin

Postby triples » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:27 am

Thanks for replying to help with my 'problem'.I can live with creating folders in the Local Folder area it'll just take a bit to get used too.
triples
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To