[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Link account to address book

Link account to address book

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Link account to address book

Postby Toby OCM » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:55 pm

Is there any way of ensuring that when I create a new mail to a recipient in a particular address book, it is sent from a different account than the default account? i.e. usually a new message comes from my 'toby home' account by default, but if I mail my clients (who are in a separate address book) I'd like it to come from my 'toby work' account.

All advice great appreciated.
Toby OCM
Drop-in Visitor

Postby luxor » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:46 am

It is possible by using the Event function.

See this thread Notably the post by Eric where he gives screenshot step-by-step instructions.

Once you have it set up you need to double-click on an address in your contact list to compose the message, as it won't work by just typing the address into the compose window.

Took me a while to figure that part out when I first used events. :oops:
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby Toby OCM » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately I can only get it to change the account on every message that I compose by double clicking on entries in *any* address book, not just my 'clients' address book (so if I double click on a contact in my 'friends' address book, it also changes the account to 'toby work').

I suspect that I need ot enter some sor of variable in the filter so that it only changes the account if the person is in my 'clients' address book, but I've tried various options and scoured the help file, and I can't work out what it is.
Toby OCM
Drop-in Visitor

Postby luxor » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:13 am

I'll see if I can help you out with my example. :)

Let's say you wanted to send an email to joe(AT)blogs.com from my account.

I would have the following in my event.

Filter Messages for |all accounts| Matching |all characters|

Search |To| for |joe(AT)blogs.com| Perform |change account to|
|my account|

I'm sure others may suggest another way but this is the one that works for me.

As it probably makes more sense in a screenshot, here's one I prepared earlier.

Hope that helps.
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby Toby OCM » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:48 am

That is very clear, thank you. What I really want to do, though, is not do it for one (or a few) e-mail addresses but for all the addresses in one particular address book (my 'clients' address book).

I was hoping that there was some way of telling Pocomail that if the recipient was in address book 'Clients', it should change the e-mail account from the default ('toby personal') to 'toby work' when I compose a new message.
Toby OCM
Drop-in Visitor

Postby luxor » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:30 am

I get what you mean now. Somehow though I think that is beyond the scope of the Events set up. At least to my knowledge anyway.

If it is possible (or another alternative perhaps), them maybe Eric or Tomas will be able to help you there. I'm sure they will post if there is a way.

Sorry for not being much help beyond that. :)
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby MarkB » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:40 am

Hi, Toby and luxor.

Only PocoScript can find entries in address books, I believe. If you want to look at a script solution, please start a thread in the PocoScript section -- where my suggestion will be simply to change the From address when necessary in outgoing mail.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To