[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - recovering from formatted drive

recovering from formatted drive

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

recovering from formatted drive

Postby Bluesman » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:28 am

Hi guys wonder if you can help me with a prob i have. i recently accidently formatted the drive that Pocomail was on ("D") and i have lost all my saved emails and address book ( yes i shoulda backed up frequently ). I have tried to recover the info using an app called GetBackData ( have managed to retrieve most of my attachments) but have been unsuccessful with emails and address book, i think mainly because i'm not sure where too look for the info i want. does anyone know if i can in fact retrieve the lost data and if so where am i looking?

Am using XP OS.
Bluesman
New Arrival

Postby jbuk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:11 am

The address book is a file address.ini in the path d:\program files\Pocomail 4\address\

All the mail files are in the Mail folder they have suffixes of .mbx .idb .dat

The important thing with recovering data is not to write anything on the formatted disk as you progress through the recovery process.

I use Recuva in these situations. Fast and usually quite successful.

For regular backups use Cobian Backup

Hope this helps a bit.
jbuk
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To