[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Check every ... minutes for new mail and Windows 7

Check every ... minutes for new mail and Windows 7

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Check every ... minutes for new mail and Windows 7

Postby ente » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:51 pm

This is another function which doesn't work anymore since I have Windows 7 64 Bit: The option in the account setup which lets you define how often Pocomail checks if there is any mail waiting on the server (which was working perfectly well under Windows XP).
I had hoped that this would work again, as soon as Windows 7 knows about Pocomail - in vain... Or is this also something which could be repaired by editing the registry?
Sincerely, ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby robin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:12 am

Strange - because it is working fine on my Pocomail on Windows 7 64-bit.

So it does work.

I doubt a registry change would solve it since this is the type of information that Poco stores in its config file.

Can I suggest that you check that Poco's config file is not stored in the program folder where the program might not be able to write the config changes. Also check that having made the change and closed Poco, that when you open it again the change can still be made.
robin

Postby ente » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:51 am

robin wrote:Strange - because it is working fine on my Pocomail on Windows 7 64-bit.

So it does work.

I doubt a registry change would solve it since this is the type of information that Poco stores in its config file.

Can I suggest that you check that Poco's config file is not stored in the program folder where the program might not be able to write the config changes. Also check that having made the change and closed Poco, that when you open it again the change can still be made.

Good evening Robin,
thank you, I'll check this tomorrow morning, when I'm back at the office. If not in the program folder, where else has it to be - I just checked here my XP-installation, here is it in the program folder. Good, no good? Where is yours?
Thank you, ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby robin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:58 am

Hi ente

In my Win7 64-bit (but it should be the same for 32-bit), the Pocomail folder with the e-mails and the accounts.ini file should be in:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Pocomail.

If you have different Poco users (not the same as Windows users) then look in:

C:\Users\<Win user>\AppData\Roaming\Pocomail\Users\<Poco user>

Clearly you change <user> to your username.

In accounts.ini, in the section for the account you should have something like:

CheckMail=1
CheckMailTimed=1
CheckMailTimedType=1
CheckMailInterval=10
CheckMailLast=4045476200
robin

Postby nkoss » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:08 pm

I am having the same problem using Win 7/64. My Pocomail folder is C:\User\<user>\Documents\Pocomail and my accounts.ini looks as you described above, yet it clearly is NOT checking and downloading email as I want.
nkoss
Poco Tourist

Postby ente » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:42 pm

robin wrote:Hi ente

In my Win7 64-bit (but it should be the same for 32-bit), the Pocomail folder with the e-mails and the accounts.ini file should be in:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Pocomail.

If you have different Poco users (not the same as Windows users) then look in:

C:\Users\<Win user>\AppData\Roaming\Pocomail\Users\<Poco user>

Clearly you change <user> to your username.

In accounts.ini, in the section for the account you should have something like:

CheckMail=1
CheckMailTimed=1
CheckMailTimedType=1
CheckMailInterval=10
CheckMailLast=4045476200

Hello Robin,
I just realised that I didn't answer to this mail. Please excuse. I have exactly the same settings as you have (only CheckMailLast shows a different number) and the files and programs are exactly in the same directories. Only: There is no checking done when I don't clic on the check button.
Ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby ente » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:46 pm

nkoss wrote:I am having the same problem using Win 7/64. My Pocomail folder is C:\User\<user>\Documents\Pocomail and my accounts.ini looks as you described above, yet it clearly is NOT checking and downloading email as I want.

Hello nkoss,
thank you for your mail. See mine of today to Robin... So let's hope that Poco5 will solve the problem. And that Poco5 isn't as far away as it has been until now...
ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby robin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:02 am

V strange - because for me it works. Therefore difficult to know where else to look...

Ente - no worries about not replying.
robin

Postby robin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:05 am

Actually - I've just had a thought...just check the setup again.

Go into the accounts setup - as you click thorough each account make sure the check box lower right called "Times Check" is selected...

For each account in the list it should say "check every ... minutes" in the list box.
robin

Postby nkoss » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Well, clearly, this seems to be one of those things that works..."for some people". I have all the settings properly set (including "timed check" and it still doesn't work for me...
nkoss
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:21 am

That is frustrating - I'm sorry but I don't know what to suggest now :-(
robin

Postby ente » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:08 am

robin wrote:That is frustrating - I'm sorry but I don't know what to suggest now :-(

Oh, Robin,
to make it even more frustrating: Under XT it works perfectly. Even so there I have check every .. minutes and timechecked active only for 1 of my three accounts.
So, being I an enduring optimist: with Poco5 this and all other problems will be gone...
Ente :wink:
ente
Resident Poster

Re: Check every ... minutes for new mail and Windows 7

Postby ente » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:03 am

tadaaa, tadaaa, tadaaa
here comes the solution!
1) go to the File Menu
2) activate Online Operation
that's all*
:D ente
(of course: in accounts setup/accoznt/edit/incoming check has to be checked and some minutes set)
ente
Resident Poster

Re: Check every ... minutes for new mail and Windows 7

Postby robin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:38 am

That simple, huh!

Well done.
robin
Administrator

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To