[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Sending HTML emails

Sending HTML emails

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Sending HTML emails

Postby kramusica » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:21 am

Hi,

I want to send html emails to prospects but haven't found how to do it. My html formatted code is mailed as text. Is there a way to send html mails with Barca?
kramusica
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:39 am

In new message editor, click on the Plain button (located in the top right part of that window, just above the address fields).

Another alternatives are through menu Message> Send as styled message. Whether emails will be sent by default in plain text or html, can be set in program options, Message Format tab.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby kramusica » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:06 am

Hi Tomas,

Thanks very much for your reply. I have 'Just Styled' enabled in program options. I have tried both your suggestions but unfortunately my message was mailed as text, not html.
kramusica
Drop-in Visitor

Trying to compile an HTML email to send out ...

Postby maxicomm » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:11 am

Hi,

As with 'kramusica', I am trying to compile an HTML based email message to send out to a number of different recipients ... without any success !!

The reply which 'Tomas' posted is completely missing the point of this problem ... it's NOT about whether Barca sends the messages as html or as plain text ... what it is about is HOW TO ACTUALLY WRITE THE CODE INTO THE MESSAGE SO THAT IT ACTUALLY SEND AS HTML AND DISPLAYS AS HTML on the recipients machines rather than just an email message containing html code displayed as text content.

I know that Barca has some limitations in this respect as I receive an HTML based newsletter on a regular basis and it part displays as a pictuer and part as printed html code due to the restricted way Barca handles the code.

So the question IS ... HOW CAN YOU CREATE AN HTML BASED EMAIL MESSAGE AND GET BARCA TO TRANSMIT IT AS TRUE HTML CONTENT so that it displays as, for want of a better turn of phrase, a web page would look in a browser ?????

I've searched all the support I can find and there is NO reference to this issue ... so can anyone actually point me in the right direction of the 'how to' on this issue ????

(If you are looking to make BARCA a true alternative to Outlook, you MUST have easy access to this functionality ... after all, in Outlook you simply have to switch to Word as the default html editor and ... bingo ... mission accomplished.)

Many thanks.
maxicomm
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:25 pm

You can write HTML messages directly in Barca.

But if you have a ready-made HTML code that you just wish to insert into Barca's message, that's another story:

For that you could use insertHTML script:
http://www.pocosystems.com/upgrade/extr ... rtHTML.poc

(how to use it is explained in the script body).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Hmmm ... food for thought

Postby maxicomm » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:47 pm

I thought the original extended explanation was quite precise ... we all know about enterring HTML messages directly into the new message window ... the question was directed specifically about having a ready-made HTML code that I just wanted to insert into Barca's message !

And from your answer, it appears to have highlighted yet another shortcoming in the program ... it's all very well and good having to use add-on scripts to perform additional tasks ... but this can hardly be described as an addional or add-on task ... it's a 'bread and butter' sort of thing that SHOULD be a standard feature of any half decent email client.

Does this requirement for the extra script to insert html code into a message also apply to myinfoToGo, as I was also thinking about using this while I was away on holiday ????
maxicomm
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:02 am

Yes, it also applies to MyInfoToGo.

I can understand that there are users who consider raw html code insertion as crucial. But that's absolute minority of users. Majority don't even have a clue how html code looks like.

Pocoscript is there for exactly this, to serve such edge cases which most users don't need and some would even complain about cluttering Pocomail with them, yet those who need them are probably advanced computer users so Pocoscript shouldn't present big problem for them.

On the other side, yes, I can see implementing it directly in Pocomail would of course be way easier to use, and it could open it to another though fairly tiny market.

If I remember correctly, for example duplicate messages tagging, and perhaps even some others, were first implemented as Pocoscripts, and after a popular demand added to be built-in instead. So that chance is not closed.

If considered for implementation, I would see it ideal to go hand in hand with the built-in editor improvement and not earlier, as limitations of current editor would pose limitations to html insertion functionality (as is currently, it would only make sense if inserted after message was queued and not while editing, due to the limitations of the editor that would strip some more advanced code when saving the message).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Re: Sending HTML emails

Postby alanstancliff » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:36 am

Hello,

I was trying to download InsertHTML from the link in a message above and have been unable to do so. When I went to the EXTRAs section of the Poco website, it said only registered users could download it, but I did not see a login for that page.

Can anyone help me get this script? I am a registered user, longtime Barca user, and occasional visitor to this board.

Regards,

Alan
alanstancliff
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:00 am

Hi Alan,
alanstancliff wrote:I was trying to download InsertHTML from the link in a message above and have been unable to do so. When I went to the EXTRAs section of the Poco website, it said only registered users could download it, but I did not see a login for that page.
It seems you're not the only one.
Tried it myself, but got 'We are having trouble locating your record, please try again later.' :roll:
Can anyone help me get this script? I am a registered user, longtime Barca user, and occasional visitor to this board.
Unfortunately I don't have that script, so best to contact Support.
There's something wrong with the Extra section.

Hope you'll get it pretty soon. ;)
Win 7 | KIS 2012 | SUPERAntispyware | SandBoxie | ShadowProtect
Browsers: Opera & IE | Barca Pro | SnagIt
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites
Eric
Resident Poster

Postby blakelyg » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:26 am

Eric wrote:Hi Alan,
alanstancliff wrote:I was trying to download InsertHTML from the link in a message above and have been unable to do so. When I went to the EXTRAs section of the Poco website, it said only registered users could download it, but I did not see a login for that page.
It seems you're not the only one.
Tried it myself, but got 'We are having trouble locating your record, please try again later.' :roll:
Unfortunately I don't have that script, so best to contact Support.
There's something wrong with the Extra section.

Hope you'll get it pretty soon. ;)

Hi Eric. I have that script and another call outgoinghtml.

I know that PM has been disabled. I have no problem posting the code here or sending it to you and alan via PM.

Let me know your pleasure.
--
Gord
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:18 am

blakelyg wrote:Hi Eric. I have that script and another call outgoinghtml.
I know that PM has been disabled. I have no problem posting the code here or sending it to you and alan via PM.

Let me know your pleasure.
Thanks, that's great. :D
Sent the scripts to my email address: email adress removed and I'll send it to Alan, from which I do have his email address.
Don't post the code here, since it belongs to Extra = registered users.

Thanks in advance. ;)
Win 7 | KIS 2012 | SUPERAntispyware | SandBoxie | ShadowProtect
Browsers: Opera & IE | Barca Pro | SnagIt
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites
Eric
Resident Poster

Postby alanstancliff » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:45 am

Hi Eric and BlakelyG

I got the scripts in my email. Thanks to all.

Regards,

Alan
alanstancliff
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To