[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - I cant get My emails to show in Mail folder [Resolved]

I cant get My emails to show in Mail folder [Resolved]

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

I cant get My emails to show in Mail folder [Resolved]

Postby IanM » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:41 am

Hi,
I have worked at this for many hours yesterday and this morning, I save my Windows new Setup in a partition when I first
installed it so that if I run into a problem I just have to format the faulty windows and replace with the good version of it.
I am running W7 x64, up to now I have not had a problem.

So I formated my C partition and installed the W7 build with my Macrium Reflect program.
All was well except for Pocomail. Everything in it works except for the "Mail" folder,
at this moment the emails are not showing though I see the Mail folder in the list of folders.
All the other folders are OK, its only this one.

I cannot get the emails to show in the Mail folder, I have un-installed and re-installed Poco about 3 times with no success.
I have 4 partitions and I tried installing it in different combinations of the partitions.
I tried installing my emails etc in a different partition and also in the same partition as the main Pocomail.
I really am at a loss as to what to do.

Can a nice kind member give me some info on how to fix it please, any help is very gratefully accepted.

At this time the only thing I can do is to get another email program but Idont want to do that because
Poco is the best email program out there, I really like it lots.
Thank you.
Ian
IanM
Drop-in Visitor

Re: I cant get My emails to show in Mail folder

Postby luxor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:35 am

Not very sure if this would help or not. But you could try to compress all folders. From the menu select - Folder > Compress All Folders.
It may be as simple a thing as that. Worth trying anyway.
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby IanM » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:02 am

Many thanks Luxor, it certainly was worth a try, unfortunately it did not work.

I have since discovered that somehow the entries in the Mail folder have been mixed up
with much older mail folders, how I do not know, I definitely know that I, personally, did not mix them up.
That mail folder will not show in Poco,
however, when I get the old entries "mail" appears in the folders list but the emails do not show.
Thank you.
Ian
IanM
Drop-in Visitor

Postby luxor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:49 pm

IanM wrote:Many thanks Luxor, it certainly was worth a try, unfortunately it did not work.

That's a pity. :(
Only other thing that I can think of is to close Pocomail, find your Mail directory and delete the *.IDB (index file) for that folder. Then restart Pocomail.
Failing that wait for Eric or Tomas to come along with some advice for you.
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby IanM » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:13 am

Thank you once again.

So, I "played" with Poco all morning and up to now = 3pm in the UK.
I finally got the emails to show, how I fixed it I do not know.
I tried your suggestion of the IDB files but as Poco was fixed nothing happened.

This is not the first time this has happened,it was in another program the name I cant recall.
I really cannot work out how some Poco folders and files managed to get into the mail folder.
Anyway, I was trying anything that looked as if it may have been the culprits, eventually I got
it working.
Thanks lots for your help, its very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Ian
IanM
Drop-in Visitor

Postby luxor » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:37 am

IanM wrote:Thanks lots for your help, its very much appreciated.

Glad you got it fixed, even if you're not sure how. :D
luxor
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To