[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - IMAP Folders

IMAP Folders

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

IMAP Folders

Postby KingRocky » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:18 am

Can anybody tell me why I can't drag and drop email messages in my IMAP inbox to subfolders?

I can do this in Outlook with no problem, but I can't seem to find a way to move an IMAP message to a subfolder in Barca.
KingRocky
New Arrival

Postby MonBidoux » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:56 am

KingRocky,

Poco has made much improvement on the IMAP side of things
but still has much more to do as you now realize.

Don't know what their priority is with regards to full IMAP implementation but brace yourself, it could take a long while yet!

If more people like yourself show interest, then hopefully things will move a little quicker.

In the meantime, give Thunderbird a try. It's more secure then Outlook.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby KingRocky » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:04 pm

I use already Thunderbird for my business mail accounts. I'm looking for an Outlook replacement that has everything integrated like Outlook and Barca do.

I suppose I could use Thunderbird to check my IMAP mail and Barca for everything else--but I'm probably getting ahead of myself.

The real test will be if I can share the address book amongst all the PCs in my home. I haven't found a single email program that can do that without having to purchase EXPENSIVE server-side software.

I installed MSExchange on my file server, which required me to upgrade it to a domain controller. Now, my network performance has been cut to less than half of what it was. Needless to say, I'll be removing that s**t from my server as soon as I find a decent Outlook replacement that will allow me to share my contacts.
KingRocky
New Arrival

Postby Alpha » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:13 pm

KingRocky wrote: Needless to say, I'll be removing that s**t from my server as soon as I find a decent Outlook replacement that will allow me to share my contacts.

In Barca, you can place your address book on a network folder. A number of users do this. Just make sure different Barca installations are not changing the address book at the same time.
Alpha

Postby KingRocky » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:44 pm

WOOHOO!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
KingRocky
New Arrival

Return to Barca Help and How-To