[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - what must I do to make windows 7/64 find Pocomail

what must I do to make windows 7/64 find Pocomail

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Re: Still No Joy

Postby ente » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:03 pm

treigel wrote:Now, when I click on a mail-to link in my browsers PocoMail finally does open an empty email in the compose window. But the address is always "%1" (without the quotes) rather than the actual address of the link. Not actually much better than not opening the compose window at all. :(

Anyone have any ideas how to fix that?

Terry

Hello Terry,
since I'm a permanent newbe, I have no precise idea what could caus this. My feelings make me think that in your a.reg is/are somewhere " missing.
cordially, ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby treigel » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:44 pm

ente wrote:Hello Terry,
since I'm a permanent newbe, I have no precise idea what could caus this. My feelings make me think that in your a.reg is/are somewhere " missing.
cordially, ente

Thanks, ente,
If so, I can't find it. Here's what I'm using, which was copied from those above except for the change in the folder name:
Code: Select all
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto]
"URL Protocol"=""
"FriendlyTypeName"="C:\\PROGRA~2\\Pocomail4\\Poco.exe"
@="URL:MailTo Protocol"
"EditFlags"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\PROGRA~2\\Pocomail4\\Poco.exe,-1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\Shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\Shell\open\command]
@="C:\\PROGRA~2\\Pocomail4\\Poco.exe /m "%1""

But one thing has changed - I no longer get any response at all to mail-to links. I'm now back to ground zero, except that my browsers do now tell me that PocoMail is the default email program and that's what they are using. It appears that Pocomail has somehow decided to ignore the requests.

Terry
treigel
Drop-in Visitor

Postby ente » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:13 pm

treigel wrote:Now, when I click on a mail-to link in my browsers PocoMail finally does open an empty email in the compose window. But the address is always "%1" (without the quotes) rather than the actual address of the link. Not actually much better than not opening the compose window at all. :(

Anyone have any ideas how to fix that?

Terry

Terry,
I'm an eternal newbi, so I can't "help" in the propper meaning of the word. What it might be, I think, that there is/are a/some " missing.
sincerely, ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby ente » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:37 pm

treigel wrote:
But one thing has changed - I no longer get any response at all to mail-to links. I'm now back to ground zero, except that my browsers do now tell me that PocoMail is the default email program and that's what they are using. It appears that Pocomail has somehow decided to ignore the requests.

Terry

Terry, your answer came on page 2 - that's why I didn't see it and you got my suggestion once more. Sorry.
I checked you a.reg with mine - it is 1:1, so it is not what I thought it could be.
Have you Windows 7 professional 64 or is it 32 then some path looks different - see one of the earlier mails by kevtech...

About the new problem: Have you set Pocomail as default within Pocomail (Options/General settings)?
ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby KevTech » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:26 am

Update with new results/instructions as I just did a system upgrade/rebuild.

Seems Pocomail does not register correctly as default program in Win 7 64 so mailto is not added to the registry. If you go into options of Pocomail and set both entries as default then the mailto entries will be added to the registry.

Open options of Pocomail > general tab

Click on both of the highlighted entries and mailto should now work correctly.

KevTech
Poco Tourist

Postby ente » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:55 am

KevTech wrote:Update with new results/instructions as I just did a system upgrade/rebuild.

Hello Kev,
thank you. Meanwhile Pocomail works with W7 as it ought too. See some exchanges above.
sincerely, Ente
ente
Resident Poster

Re:

Postby ente » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:30 am

KevTech wrote:You have to have this at the top before any other entries:

Then name the file whatever you want with .reg extension.

Make sure your file does not have a double extension as in:

filename.reg.txt

Code: Select all

"URL Protocol"=""
"FriendlyTypeName"="C:\\PROGRA~2\\Pocomail4\\Poco.exe"
@="URL:MailTo Protocol"
"EditFlags"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\Shell\open]

@="C:\\PROGRA~2\\Pocomail4\\Poco.exe /m \"%1\""

Hello KevTech Im so happy - Windows 7pro/64 bit finds Pocomail and opens a new mail with the address in the to Field - But all this only on my machine in the office.
At home, where I have also W7 Pro/64 Bit, after doing exactly what you ordered to: save all this to a file with the ending .reg and import it into regedit -nothing is happening.
I went looking into the regedit for the different entries listed above. I found all of them, but not exactly in the same sequence and editflags looks somehow different:
Here how they are listed (in front of your line I put the line number they have in my regedit and after your line I put in underscore what it looks in my regedit
4 "URL Protocol"=""
3 "FriendlyTypeName"="C:\\PROGRA~2\\Pocomail4\\Poco.exe"
1 @="URL:MailTo Protocol"
2 "EditFlags"=dword:00000002 0x00000002 (2)

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\Shell] open

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\Shell\open] Wert nicht festgesetzt (this is in german "no value set")

@="C:\\PROGRA~2\\Pocomail4\\Poco.exe /m \"%1\""[/code]

Is everything as it ought to be and for somew other reason (unknown??) still not working. Or have I to change something. If yes: what? and how?
Help would be appreciated very much.
Goetz aka ente
ente
Resident Poster

Re: what must Ido tto make windows 7/64 find Pocomail

Postby KevTech » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:01 pm

You may also need to click "make default" in Pocomail as pictured.
KevTech
Poco Tourist

Re: what must Ido tto make windows 7/64 find Pocomail

Postby ente » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:47 am

KevTech wrote:You may also need to click "make default" in Pocomail as pictured.

That's what I checked first - Poco is default!
Are all the other things I mentioned (underscored) okay? Is it not relevant that the lines are in the order you gave them in your file?
Goetz
ente
Resident Poster

Previous

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To