[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Emails seem to be lost or deleted after search

Emails seem to be lost or deleted after search

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Emails seem to be lost or deleted after search

Postby Kally » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:55 am

I performed a search on a specific mail folder (I organize my folders by client) yesterday and, as usual, the results were in my search box. I then ran a couple more searches on the same client folder and checked the box to delete previous results. A little later I went back to the client folder to look for one of the emails that I saw in a earlier search and I couldn't find it. It looks like the emails from the searches were not only deleted from the search folder when I did a new search. But were deleted entirely.

Do you think they are just hidden somewhere? Would compression help. or deleting the .ini file or other files? I see those as common solutions to different problems, but am not really sure which solution to try.

On another note, is there a way to append a date to automatic backups, so they don't over write each other?

Thank you!
Kally
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Emails seem to be lost or deleted after search

Postby Eric » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:29 am

Hi Kally,
Kally wrote:I performed a search on a specific mail folder (I organize my folders by client) yesterday and, as usual, the results were in my search box. I then ran a couple more searches on the same client folder and checked the box to delete previous results. A little later I went back to the client folder to look for one of the emails that I saw in a earlier search and I couldn't find it. It looks like the emails from the searches were not only deleted from the search folder when I did a new search. But were deleted entirely.
Never seen it happen on my system when performing a search, so I guess something else is going on. :?:
Do you think they are just hidden somewhere? Would compression help. or deleting the .ini file or other files? I see those as common solutions to different problems, but am not really sure which solution to try.
Are you sure nothing is typed in the Quick Search :?:
Sometimes it happens to me too, so I don't see all the messages I want.
Clearing the Quick Search solves it.
On another note, is there a way to append a date to automatic backups, so they don't over write each other?
Maybe through a script, but that's not my expertise.
If you want to keep it simple, let a third party backup app do the job for you.
This way you can obtain the same result. :)

If your problem isn't what I wrote down, please report back, so we can look at other possibilities. ;)
Win 7 | KIS 2012 | SUPERAntispyware | SandBoxie | ShadowProtect
Browsers: Opera & IE | Barca Pro | SnagIt
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites
Eric
Resident Poster

Postby Kally » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:36 am

I did have something typed in Quick Search, but it was just part of the email address, so all of the emails I would have been looking for would have showed up with that quick search anyway.

I think I will try a search again, but I'll copy the emails to another folder in case it happens again. I'll report back on that.

Thanks for the input on the backups. Do you know of a good backup? I don't like the one I'm using.
Kally
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:59 am

Kally wrote:I did have something typed in Quick Search, but it was just part of the email address, so all of the emails I would have been looking for would have showed up with that quick search anyway.

I think I will try a search again, but I'll copy the emails to another folder in case it happens again. I'll report back on that.
Just to make sure clear the Quick Search. :)
Thanks for the input on the backups. Do you know of a good backup? I don't like the one I'm using.
My pleasure Kally. :wink:
Cobian backup seems to be well on demand.
Win 7 | KIS 2012 | SUPERAntispyware | SandBoxie | ShadowProtect
Browsers: Opera & IE | Barca Pro | SnagIt
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites
Eric
Resident Poster

Return to Barca Help and How-To