[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Reason I switched from Outlook 2003

Reason I switched from Outlook 2003

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Reason I switched from Outlook 2003

Postby victor » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:03 am

Well, Outlook lost my incoming email not once but twice -- three years of emails! I suspect that it had to do with one of their updates as I had Business Contact Manager and that required .Net.

Needless to say, I will NEVER trust Outlook ever again.
Barca has been tremendous as a much better alternative.

Has anyone else ever lost data in Outlook and what tool did you use to recover the data? Microsoft's scanpst.exe tool sucks and probably simply overwrites data it can't fix.

~ Moved to Email Hall ... Eric ~
victor
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:54 am

Don't know if it will help, since I never used Outlook, but have a look at
Outlook Recovery ToolBox - Outlook repair tool.

It's however not free. :?
Eric

Re: Reason I switched from Outlook 2003

Postby MonBidoux » Fri May 19, 2006 11:49 pm

victor wrote:Well, Outlook lost my incoming email not once but twice -- three years of emails! I suspect that it had to do with one of their updates as I had Business Contact Manager and that required .Net.

Needless to say, I will NEVER trust Outlook ever again.
Barca has been tremendous as a much better alternative...

Yep, lost data big time!
Never bothered trying to recover as too many issues came about.

The only reason it is still useful is because of the Contacts manager. You can sync it perfectly with free services like Airset and it offers different print options. Calendar sync with Airset is very good too!

Can be handy if you have an old Hotmail account that you can use to send/receive messages. Not sure if MSN has changed its policies in that area.

Other than that, never use Outlook again for regular use!
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Re: Reason I switched from Outlook 2003

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:11 am

People, this is Poco Forums and not help for Outlook.
If you switch to Outlook, get help on their forum.
Therefore this topic will be locked. :wink:
Win 7 | KIS 2012 | SUPERAntispyware | SandBoxie | ShadowProtect
Browsers: Opera & IE | Barca Pro | SnagIt
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites
Eric
Resident Poster

Return to Email Hall