[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Get Pocomail to work

Get Pocomail to work

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Get Pocomail to work

Postby IanM » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi,
I had to get a new computer resulting in a new installation of all my programs.
I have it almost finished. Obviously I re-installed v48 Pocomail but it requires setting up and
I dont really want to do that, its not easy.

I have saved the previous working Pocomail v48 from the broken case, (I did this some with other programs),
so I copied it into the new setup and I copied the run file onto the desktop. It did not work.
Then I thought of clicking the run file in that previous installation and it worked, yes, every time I do that it works, but only when I
click the run file that is in the folder of that version that I had setup in my previous computer.
I renamed this to Pocomail to avoid problems, I think its the name I am using for the folder that is probably not correct.

How can I access the run file from inside this folder, that is, the the setup from the previous Poco installation in the broken case,
if its possible it will save a lot of work in setting the new install up.

I tried putting the Poco run file in the task bar to see if that would run Poco but it did not, however, what happened was
about 10 copies of some files in the folder were placed on the desktop.

Thanks lots for any help.
Ian.
Thank you.
Ian
IanM
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Get Pocomail to work

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:31 am

Hi Ian,
IanM wrote:I had to get a new computer resulting in a new installation of all my programs. I have it almost finished. Obviously I re-installed v48 Pocomail but it requires setting up and I dont really want to do that, its not easy.
Good for you.
It's really very simple to get everything installed the way it was before. :)
I have saved the previous working Pocomail v48 from the broken case, (I did this some with other programs), so I copied it into the new setup and I copied the run file onto the desktop. It did not work.
Don't quite understand what you're trying to achieve.
You mean you copied Pocomail over to your Programs folder?
Did you also copy over the ini-files :?:
Meaning poco.ini (general setup), accounts,ini (containing your accounts data), events.ini (your events), filters.ini (your filters) and others.

Be sure to close Poco prior to transferring those ini-files.
Then I thought of clicking the run file in that previous installation and it worked, yes, every time I do that it works, but only when I
click the run file that is in the folder of that version that I had setup in my previous computer.
I renamed this to Pocomail to avoid problems, I think its the name I am using for the folder that is probably not correct.
Another way around it is to install Pocomail and do an import from previous install.
Point to the previous poco.ini and everything will be copied over. 8)

Hope that helps setting up Poco on your new computer. ;)
Win 7 | KIS 2012 | SUPERAntispyware | SandBoxie | ShadowProtect
Browsers: Opera & IE | Barca Pro | SnagIt
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites
Eric
Resident Poster

Postby IanM » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks Eric, when I posted the first post it was late on and it was not well phrased, I offer many apologies.
What I am trying to do is to set up Poco without carrying out all the setting up that is required.

What I have done is that I installed my programs and of course, Poco.
As you know there is a lot of work involved in setting up Poco, I wasn't looking forward to that, then I thought of
copying over the "full" setup of Poco in the previous computer to see what would happen, I changed the name of the
setup I had installed first to avoid a problems.

So, I had installed Poco, I renamed the folder to avoid a conflict, then I made a folder with the title Pocomail,
that is the name I gave to the folder when I first installed Poco in this new PC.

As I said in the first post I would prefer not to have to setup Poco as its not an easy job to do.
I copied the full setup from the first PC and copied it into the same partition as the first Poco install in the new PC, I did change the name
of the first install in the new PC. As I said, that setup works, but only when I click on the POCO run file in that program.

This morning I thought of copying over that folder onto the desktop to see what would happen.
I I did do just that, then I went into the folder, selected the run file and it works.
That has certainly cut down the number of moves to run it.

I tried your suggestion of importing files over but no success, the files it needed for that are not in my previous setup.
Thanks Eric,
Ian
Thank you.
Ian
IanM
Drop-in Visitor

Postby IanM » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:18 am

Hi,
IGNORE THE PREVIOUS POST PLEASE, it is not required.

I was at my PC when I thought of a way to fix my problem with Poco.
First thing to do was to rename the 2 installs of Poco to something stupid, that is, that no way will
the 2 installs actually run.

So, I installed Poco v48, this time I paid attention to all that was going on.
Then when instructed I entered the location of the already installed Poco so that the settings would be carried over
and then I let it run.
It worked, however, I got a message that =

"Cannot perform backup, directory not set!
Please go to Options to set the directory."

I have tried and tried to find the setting in Options to set the directory, I cant find it.
Could someone give me the location of it please.

Many thanks in advance.
Ian
Thank you.
Ian
IanM
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:25 am

Hi Ian,

Not at home, so I may get it wrong for a bit.

See File > Backup & Restore.
You should be able to set your backup directory.

Else go to Tools > Options.
There you can set it too, although I don't know it by heart.

Glad it worked. :D
Eric
Resident Poster

Postby IanM » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:30 am

Hi Eric,
Thanks lots for your quick reply.

The first option worked,

"See File > Backup & Restore.
You should be able to set your backup directory."

I played with it for about 10 minutes with no problems.
Again, very many thanks.
Ian.
Thank you.
Ian
IanM
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:54 pm

IanM wrote:Hi Eric,
Thanks lots for your quick reply.
You're welcome Ian. ;)
I played with it for about 10 minutes with no problems.
Yep, works great.
You can also set it through Tools > Options > General Options.
Again, very many thanks.
My pleasure to help you with it.
Have a fine weekend. :wink:
Eric
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To