[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - create a "folder"

create a "folder"

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

create a "folder"

Postby nkoss » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:07 am

Either I'm losing my mind or I have just forgotten something simple, so pardon the easy question. I want to create a "folder" in my email folder list that will hold either other subfolders or email folders. The folders I currently have are kind of a tan color and the individual email folders are white. When I right click in the list to click 'new folder' or select it from the Folder menu, I get a white folder and I can't move email folders into it.

I hope my question is clear....thanks
nkoss
Poco Tourist

Re: create a "folder"

Postby chrisretusn » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:55 pm

The context menu has two options:

New Folder...
New Sub-folder...

The first places the new folder on the main folder tree, the second places the new folder under the selected folder.

As for moving folders, I've found that to be a hit and miss operation. Easier to make a new folder and move the contents to it and delete the old one.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby nkoss » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Thanks Chris, but that is not exactly my problem. I want to create a folder in the main tree and then move several subfolders into it....but AHA! you've given me the idea...I make the folder and then make subvfolders of the new folder. That works and then move the emails from previous location to the new ones. Got it!! Not exactly straightforward, but it will work.

After further work, I find that if I make a top level folder, then create an empty subfolder, I am then able to drag & drop other folders into that level. Then I can delete the empty subfolder that I created.
nkoss
Poco Tourist

Postby chrisretusn » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Glad you got it figured out. :D
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To