[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Meaning of the paper clip symbol

Meaning of the paper clip symbol

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Meaning of the paper clip symbol

Postby catman915 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:06 am

I've noticed that some of my received emails that have jpgs attached have a "paper clip" symbol in the "paper clip" column while others don't. Since they all have pictures attached and they show up in the message, I'd like to know the difference since the ones with the "paper clip" icon will forward normally and the others won't. Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks
catman915
Poco Tourist

Re: Meaning of the paper clip symbol

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:41 pm

The ones with a paperclip have an attachment or several. :)
What do you mean by forwarding normally and others won't :?:
Win 7 | KIS 2012 | SUPERAntispyware | SandBoxie | ShadowProtect
Browsers: Opera & IE | Barca Pro | SnagIt
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites
Eric
Resident Poster

Postby catman915 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:37 am

Example: two received emails, both have jpgs showing in the attachment window.The jpgs show in the message body of both. One has the "paper clip" icon in the "paper clip"column and the other doesn't. The problem is that if I forward the one without the icon it won't send the jpgs while if I forward the one with the icon it will forward everything including the jpgs just like I received them. Also if I create the email and attach jpgs it sends them normally.
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:04 am

The messages where the paperclip doesn't show are probably online images. So they are not attached to the message, but instead downloaded from the server. :)
If you want to forward those messages, you'll have to forward them as an attachment.
This way the original message will be kept intact.
Eric
Resident Poster

Postby catman915 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:45 am

How is the "forward as attachment" done?
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:46 am

catman915 wrote:How is the "forward as attachment" done?
Shoot, I hate it when I don't have my laptop :?
It should be accessible through the menu or perhaps by right-clicking on the message.
Sorry, I can't perform a search on my HTC. A bit difficult :|
Hope you'll find it ;)
Eric
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:42 pm

catman915 wrote:How is the "forward as attachment" done?

through menu Message > Forward as Attachment
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To