[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - ?add message in forwarded email

?add message in forwarded email

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

?add message in forwarded email

Postby Isabelle » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:43 am

Is it possible to add text at the beginning of the body of a forwarded email? There are times when it would be helpful to add a sentence or two of explanation before the forwarded message begins, but I can't seem to. Nothing happens when I click at the top of the window containing the forwarded message. Did a search, but wasn't able to find anything.

TIA.
Isabelle
Poco Tourist

Re: ?add message in forwarded email

Postby Tomas » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:10 am

That should be definitely possible.
If you click at the top and start writiing, nothing happens at all? Do you see the cursor?
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby tonnelier » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:18 am

Tomas wrote:That should be definitely possible.
If you click at the top and start writiing, nothing happens at all? Do you see the cursor?

Works fine for me. There is a space of approx 5 lines at top of text to be forwarded. As Tomas advises, ensure your cursor is clicked in this space.
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby Isabelle » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:28 am

Thanks so much, Tomas and Tonnelier.

When I get the forwarded email window, no matter where I click, nothing happens. I tried clicking at the top, where I would prefer to add the message, and nothing happens there. It appears as an email ready to be forwarded, with a dark grey bar on the left with "Quote Bar" in vertical letters. I am using V. 4.8.0.4400. Don't know what I am doing wrong.
Isabelle
Poco Tourist

Postby tonnelier » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:48 am

Isabelle wrote:Thanks so much, Tomas and Tonnelier.

When I get the forwarded email window, no matter where I click, nothing happens. I tried clicking at the top, where I would prefer to add the message, and nothing happens there. It appears as an email ready to be forwarded, with a dark grey bar on the left with "Quote Bar" in vertical letters. I am using V. 4.8.0.4400. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

I'm not Bill Gates - so I'm not sure if this will make any difference :D but go to Tools>Options>Sending Options (under General Options). Is the box "Insert new text BELOW quoted text checked? If so, uncheck and see if that makes any difference. Otherwise maybe Tomas or Eric have more expert ideas :D
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Isabelle wrote:When I get the forwarded email window, no matter where I click, nothing happens. I tried clicking at the top, where I would prefer to add the message, and nothing happens there. It appears as an email ready to be forwarded, with a dark grey bar on the left with "Quote Bar" in vertical letters. I am using V. 4.8.0.4400. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

Chances are you are trying to write into Quote Bar field, and have the actual message editor hidden. Quote Bar is not writeable. At the bottom of the Quote Bar you can find a horizontal grey bar, with two little white triangles at each end. Clicking on it will close Quote Bar and resize the actual message editor (which is located below Quote Bar part of the window).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Isabelle » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:59 am

Again, thanks Tonnelier and Tomas.

Tomas, that was it! I had to make the window larger in order to see that gray bar at the bottom--it was hidden otherwise and there was no option to scroll down. Now if only there were an option to not have the quote bar at all since I do not use it.

Kindest regards to both of you.
Isabelle
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Glad to hear it was it, I have almost given up but then a flash of light came accidentaly :D .

If the Quote Bar is still visible, maybe you didn't click the grey bar but only resized it. If you click at the horizontal grey bar located at the bottom of the Quote bar, the one with two little white triangles at each end, clicking on it should close Quote Bar (though the grey bar will remain visible, I might be wrong but I believe it can't be hidden).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To