[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Failure in performing Pocomail backup

Failure in performing Pocomail backup

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Failure in performing Pocomail backup

Postby TaffyCheerful » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:33 am

Apparently one of the attachments to a message got deleted, so that when PocoMail is performing its backup, it stops at one point and throws in the towel. How do I get Pocomail to ignore the problem, perhaps even dropping the message to which the attachment was formerly attached, and complete the backup. I could then copy the backup as the source and Pocomail would, once again, happily backup my mail file(s).

Taffy
TaffyCheerful
New Arrival

Re: Failure in performing Pocomail backup

Postby Tomas » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:42 pm

I'm not aware of Pocomail checking for missing attachments on backup, the problem is likely elsewhere.

You can backup to a new backup location, if you didn't try that already.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby John Lewis » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:29 am

I too have Poco failing to make back ups.

This started suddenly a few weeks ago. and I got an error message to the effect that the Backup had failed. Please check the space available for pocomail.bak.

I have the Poco program itself on the C partition but I have a separate partition (G) for the mail boxes etc. and pocomail.bak. This partition had 773 Mb used out of 2.94Gb.

So I decided to move the back up to a different partition where 38 Gb had been used out of 60Gb. But I still get the same error message (ponting to the new location) when about half the back up has been completed.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get Poco to complete its back ups, please?

Meanwhile I am backing up the mail partition using Acronis on a daily basis.

Thank you

John
John Lewis
Poco Tourist

Postby John Lewis » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:32 am

I should have said in my previous post that I am using Poco 4.8.0.4400. Windows XP Professional Sp3.

John
John Lewis
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To