[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Pocomail update

Pocomail update

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Exporting PocoMail Messages To An Accessible Format

Postby davidmore » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:16 am

All,

If Poco is to go eventually what is the best way to save your message content in some easily accessible form. All advice gratefully received..

Thanks

David
davidmore
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Exporting PocoMail Messages To An Accessible Format

Postby Tomas » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:27 pm

davidmore wrote:If Poco is to go eventually what is the best way to save your message content in some easily accessible form. All advice gratefully received..

It already is in the most accessible form - folderse are in mbx/mbox/rfc822 format that most other mailers can import. But if you need to save an individual message you can save it to EML format.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Re: Pocomail update

Postby Tomas » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:34 pm

tribble wrote:All's been said that I could say so I'll just say thanks! It's been a blast, from Version 1 to the present, and every beta in between. As with all things, the end is inevitable.

Best of luck to Tomas, Robin and Eric also!

I'd like to sign under this as well.
All the best to you Gene, and all the other old timers - you know who you are :D
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 am

All the best to you too Gene & of course all other members.
Take care and who knows we'll meet again. :wink:
Win 7 | KIS 2012 | SUPERAntispyware | SandBoxie | ShadowProtect
Browsers: Opera & IE | Barca Pro | SnagIt
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites
Eric
Resident Poster

Postby NZRussell » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Prior to October 2003 I was having problems with email borne infections in spite of having various security programs. Almost all were caught and stopped by the security programs but, there were a few that weren’t. All were from people I knew and corresponded with regularly, who had allowed their systems to become infected because they didn’t bother to protect against problems. Strangely, they did not appreciate being advised that their computers were infected.

I in Oct 2003 I found on a cover disc, a full working version of Pocomail 2.64. Looking at the website I saw claims of better security and so I decided to give it a go. I have never had an email infection since. To this very day, it is still working like the champion it was in 2003. It’s worked on W98, XP and now W7 at least, that was until I installed Thunderbird. Now, even though I have uninstalled Thunderbird I’m getting the mail:to problem and thought I’ll need to get the latest Pocomail but find I can no longer buy it.

For the last few days I’ve been wondering what I’m going to use for an email client. Having tried Outlook (never again),Thunderbird, Opera (gimmick), Windows Live Mail and various others I find that the truth must, indeed, be faced. Nothing else works for me and works my way like, Pocomail. The age of Pocomail 2.64 has been no barrier to it’s performance for me.

Over the years, I have been back to the website just to see how it was going with an intention to upgrade but have always needed to balance the cost against the fact Pocomail 2.64 is still working fine, I’m limited financially and the exchange rate for UZ/NZ dollars adds to the problem of affordability. I’m still prepared to buy the latest and would even consider Barca in the hope that I can get a similar number of years service. So, if this can be arranged, please let me know.

In the meantime, if necessary, I’ll maintain a dedicated email system using my old W98 machine. I always knew I was keeping it for a good reason and just wish my wife would understand.

If my post seems a bit disjointed, there is a reason. Right now I’m rather upset at the position I Pocomail and it’s stable-mates in. Why the hell is it that, so often, the best seem to fall by the way and the crap like Outlook etc seem to keep sliding on?

It must be said, that of all the programs I’ve used over the years, no matter what type of program, few have worked nearly as well for me, none, have worked better.

From the bottom of my computing heart, I thank you Slaven and the rest of the team, including those dedicated forum members for a truly superb program and emailing experience. For the help I have received from the forum, I must say that I have never found a more helpful forum nor one so deprived of big egos. Hopefully, this is not the end.

Thank you all.

From almost the bottom of the world, my regards and best wishes.

Regards,
Russell.
New Zealand.
NZRussell
Poco Tourist

Postby maiskiykot » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:41 pm

Happy New Year!

I want know too - can I wait new release of Barca/Pocomail? I think this product is best from other products and Poco must live forever. I ready to buy Barca five years but I cann't use program because Barca have problems with reading/writing of Cyrillic/UTF8. If this problems will solved - Pocomail will have best results in Russia and former USSR.
maiskiykot
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:48 pm

NZRussell wrote:So, if this can be arranged, please let me know.

Please email support through menu Help > Email support.

maiskiykot wrote:I want know too - can I wait new release of Barca/Pocomail?

Unfortunatelly not, please check the earlier posts in this thread.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby DRP6833 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:12 am

luxor wrote:...there is no other email program out there that compares with Pocomail. I will keep using it until it becomes absolutely impossible for me to do so and I don't think I will be alone...

Count me in on this! As many other clients as I've tried, nothing has fit my needs as well as PocoMail.

I echo a lot of what's already been said here. I hope that PocoMail can return is some form in the future, it's a damn good piece of software. Besides, I just got my wife converted over to it from Outlook!

Thanks, Slaven, for riding it out for so long, and to Eric, Tomas, and Robin for all the help you've dispensed over the years.
Dave P.
DRP6833
Drop-in Visitor

Postby NZRussell » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:33 pm

DRP6833 wrote:
luxor wrote:...there is no other email program out there that compares with Pocomail. I will keep using it until it becomes absolutely impossible for me to do so and I don't think I will be alone...

Count me in on this! As many other clients as I've tried, nothing has fit my needs as well as PocoMail.

I echo a lot of what's already been said here. I hope that PocoMail can return is some form in the future, it's a damn good piece of software. Besides, I just got my wife converted over to it from Outlook!

Thanks, Slaven, for riding it out for so long, and to Eric, Tomas, and Robin for all the help you've dispensed over the years.

I understand totally about converting the wife. I've tried for years and have failed miserably in this task. Thankfully, our computers are in separate rooms as her Outlook Slow Goods email client has her machine almost grinding to halt along with much cursing all because of too many emails and yet my old Pocomail with over 5000 emails (many newsletters including a lot of graphics) still kept on flying along.

Please let me know if there are special wife conversion technics. :wink:
NZRussell
Poco Tourist

Postby FFF » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:26 am

her machine almost grinding to halt along with much cursing all because of too many emails and yet my old Pocomail with over 5000 emails (many newsletters including a lot of graphics) still kept on flying along.

Well. FWIW, my Poco holds at the moment about 30k mails and i can't complain re speed etc. If only this cursed UTF-8 problem would dissapear, i wouldn't spend a second looking for an alternative...

Karl
FFF
Frequent Visitor

Postby DRP6833 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:15 am

NZRussell wrote:Please let me know if there are special wife conversion technics. :wink:

Windows 7 effectively did that for me. :D We got a new computer and the Mrs. was bummed to learn that Outlook wasn't supported. I'd been using Poco for years, so she went with the flow. Now she admits that she likes it. :roll:
Dave P.
DRP6833
Drop-in Visitor

Postby NZRussell » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 pm

DRP6833 wrote:
NZRussell wrote:Please let me know if there are special wife conversion technics. :wink:

Windows 7 effectively did that for me. :D We got a new computer and the Mrs. was bummed to learn that Outlook wasn't supported. I'd been using Poco for years, so she went with the flow. Now she admits that she likes it. :roll:

Bought said wife new computer with Vista installed, took advantage of Acer's Windows 7 upgrade offer, installed Windows 7, said wife refused to make the change, machine left for too long and when switched on had to validate Windows 7 to be able to use, ooops, disks mislaid, no validation, no use of machine, machine is now an ornament sitting beside old, tired, slow and groaning Dell. Wife has learned husband will not buy new Windows 7 disk. Much swearing and cursing by wife using old machine, even taken to swearing at old and very sad Dell. It doesn't feel the love anymore. Husband still not going to buy new OS.
NZRussell
Poco Tourist

Postby lian » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Pocomail is the best email client I know and I did test a lot of them. I hope it will work on future Win OS or someone will try to create somothing inspired by Pocomail. I can understand Sven decision and I thank him for the job he did.
my blog (illustration, comics, SF and my work in french) : http://www.li-an.fr/blog
lian
Poco Tourist

Postby NZRussell » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:52 am

lian wrote:Pocomail is the best email client I know and I did test a lot of them. I hope it will work on future Win OS or someone will try to create somothing inspired by Pocomail. I can understand Sven decision and I thank him for the job he did.

So true and it is to be hoped that the concept of Pocomail and Barca can be re-created in some form. Like yourself lian, I've tried several and have found to many with security problems or fancy bits and pieces that were no real use.

We live in hope.
NZRussell
Poco Tourist

Postby Fueler » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:37 am

I have been setting up TB in advance of the day that windows won't play well with Poco.
It amazes me how many add ons I need to come close but not meet the features I am used to with Poco.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion