[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Max Line Length Exceeded...

Max Line Length Exceeded...

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Max Line Length Exceeded...

Postby ntarvin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:33 am

I run into this error numerous times a day, and the problem is increasing. I can no longer have Poco check for mail automatically, it always comes up with this error, stops downloading, and i have to connect to the server to sort through everything.

In searching the forum, I found this problem going back to 2006! Six years of a problem is not good...

Surely, someone has a solution by now... if not, let me know so I can start looking for another mail program. I can't deal with having to go through hundreds of emails by hand several times a day...

Solution, anyone?????
ntarvin
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Max Line Length Exceeded...

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:08 pm

Did you have a look at Line length error kills email download in version 4.5.0.3910 :?:

It seems some spam message on the server may be the culprit.
Do you keep your mail on the server?
If so, delete all spam messages to see if that helps.

Never experienced it myself, but I don't keep my messages on the server.

Hope you'll find the offending message. ;)
Win 7 | KIS 2012 | SUPERAntispyware | SandBoxie | ShadowProtect
Browsers: Opera & IE | Barca Pro | SnagIt
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites
Eric
Resident Poster

Postby art » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Well I also am having this problem, and now am unable to get around it this time. For some reason, I have deleted all the messages from the server by going to the server directly, but still Poco thinks there are messages on the server.. don't know how to get this reset to continue to get mail on this account. Any suggestions would be MOST helpful. :x
Thanks, Art

Found a way to clear out the offending message by using the "Online Folders" to delete the invalid message. I am now back in operation, but it would be nice to get this "problem" fixed in code sometime down the road.
art
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:59 pm

art wrote:Found a way to clear out the offending message by using the "Online Folders" to delete the invalid message. I am now back in operation, but it would be nice to get this "problem" fixed in code sometime down the road.
Good to hear you solved the problem. :D
Unfortunately this will not be adressed anymore, since the software is discontinued. :(
Eric
Resident Poster

Postby art » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:23 am

Unfortunately this will not be adressed anymore, since the software is discontinued. :(

What alternate email program is being suggested, or preferred by Poco users? I need something with
support and easily setup for a lot of accounts, along with the normal filtering, multiple signatures, etc.
Sorry to hear the software has been discontinued.
art
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:17 am

art wrote:What alternate email program is being suggested, or preferred by Poco users? I need something with
support and easily setup for a lot of accounts, along with the normal filtering, multiple signatures, etc.
Unfortunately it's not up to me to suggest email clients.
Each person has other demands, so what may be good for some, may not be for others.
It's a bit trial and error until you find the one which will fit your needs. :?
Sorry to hear the software has been discontinued.
Indeed, it is. :(
Hope you'll find one which does what you want.
A lot of email clients to choose from, so good luck with it. :wink:
Eric
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To