[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - barca.exe /forcestart How to use?

barca.exe /forcestart How to use?

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

barca.exe /forcestart How to use?

Postby NZRussell » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:17 pm

If I'm understanding the manual correctly the command line parameter - barca.exe /forcestart - can force Barca to start, even if there is another instance running from the same directory. I take this to mean being able to have two copies of Barca running at the same time. The problem is I'm not getting my head around how to use this.

I will appreciate somebody putting me right on this as it would be in daily use, if it can be sorted.

Thank you in advance.
NZRussell
Poco Tourist

Re: barca.exe /forcestart How to use?

Postby MarkB » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:39 am

Hi, Russell

This isn't a PocoScript issue, but anyway...

The /forcestart is a command line option. To see how it works, copy a shortcut to Barca to your Desktop, right-click it, select Properties | Shortcut, and add /forcestart (that's a space followed by /forcestart) to the end of the Target field.

I don't have Barca. Example target fields for PocoMail look like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pocomail4\Poco.exe" /forcestart
Or this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pocomail4\Poco.exe" /forcestart /nosplash
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Postby MarkB » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:22 am

I am receiving the silent treatment. :(

Note you can access the properties dialog of program shortcuts in the Start menu by right-clicking the item in the Start menu. For example, navigate to the Barca shortcut in the Start menu, right-click it, and choose Properties. Or if you have Barca pinned to the Taskbar in Windows 7 and want to modify that shortcut, go here
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar
and right-click the Barca shortcut. (To see that folder, you may have to enable "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" in Control Panel | Folder Options.)
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Postby NZRussell » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks Mark, not giving the silent treatment just haven't had time to try what you have suggested yet and usually reply once I have. Had hoped to have tried it by now but a rushed job is, in my experience, the one that goes wrong. I prefer to do it once, do it right and will wait until I can be certain of no distractions. It looks simple enough but it is also an area I have no experience in and will leave myself a return path in case things go wrong. I really do appreciate your reply and will let you know how I go.
NZRussell
Poco Tourist

Postby NZRussell » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:43 pm

MarkB thank you! Worked perfectly, that is, when I put it outside of the quotes instead of inside. :D
NZRussell
Poco Tourist

Postby MarkB » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:53 am

Good.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To