[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Mail by number

Mail by number

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Mail by number

Postby ente » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:59 am

Hello MarkB,
since it looks like you are the only one left here, I place my problem at the right place but address you personally:
In the IN folder I have today 3035 mail II know I should have that empty at the end of the day an have placed all the mails in the reletive folder, but...)
When I make a search (any kind of search) in that folder, it always stops at mail 2340 and the program gets broken and the only way out is CTRL-ALT-DEL. So I think mail 2340 is corrupt and I would like to delete it. Only - how can I find out which is mail 2340?
I'm almost shure you know some tricky trick to find out.
What I've done is I compressed that folder, but this did not help.
kind regards,
Götz

BTW: Are you still walking dogs? What kind of dogs?
ente
Resident Poster

Re: Mail by number

Postby MarkB » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:25 am

Hi, Götz.

Actually, both Eric and Tomas have been dropping by the forum recently at intervals. Each of them is vastly more qualified than me to deal with this kind of problem. Shall we wait?

The first thing I would try is rebuilding the index from scratch, like this: Back up your messages. Close PocoMail. Delete the .idb file for the problem folder from your AppData area (\AppData\Roaming\Pocomail\Mail\). Open PocoMail. Compress the folder.

As for dogs... I am currently dogless, and learning exactly how bland, pale and humorless life is without them.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Re: Mail by number

Postby ente » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:16 am

MarkB wrote:Hi, Götz.

Actually, both Eric and Tomas have been dropping by the forum recently at intervals. Each of them is vastly more qualified than me to deal with this kind of problem. Shall we wait?

The first thing I would try is rebuilding the index from scratch, like this: Back up your messages. Close PocoMail. Delete the .idb file for the problem folder from your AppData area (\AppData\Roaming\Pocomail\Mail\). Open PocoMail. Compress the folder.

As for dogs... I am currently dogless, and learning exactly how bland, pale and humorless life is without them.

Hullo MarkB,
I did it as you told me - and it worked: Search got through all the mails and I found the one I was looking for.
tnx, Götz
ente
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To