[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Print Selected Text in Message

Print Selected Text in Message

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Print Selected Text in Message

Postby huntnyc » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:46 pm

Are we able to print only selected text in a message? I have opened the message and selected some text and tried to print but I always get the whole message. Am I missing something? If not, will this be changed so we can have this important ability? This is one of the reasons I wanted to use this program instead of Outlook.

Thanks.

Gary
huntnyc

Postby Tomas » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:40 pm

It seems to be impossible at the moment. Perhaps Pocosystems might consider adding that feature in some future release.

As a temporary workaround, it would be possible to use
"View in browser" or "Display raw message" scripts, maybe after some necessary adjustments, to have a particular message opened in another program (internet browser, text editor) which allows for printing selected text.

I don't know if these scripts are available with Poco install, or exactly under that names, but if you will be interested, check the Extras/Scripts part of the Pocomail.com web.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Michael » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:08 pm

This used to work in Poco 2.6 but has been broken in most, if not all, Poco 3 versions. It has been entered into the bug tracking database, see this item.
Michael

Postby frazmi » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:12 am

huntnyc, there's another workaround that might be interesting to you. Please see this post in the Scripting forum
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby huntnyc » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:00 am

Thanks for your script bu I used Notepad instead of Winword so that I could get the selection printed in the font I want. My notepad font and email font are the same but my normal style in winword is different than my plain text email font. Anyway it works like a charm!

Thanks.

Gary
huntnyc

Return to Barca Help and How-To