[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - ebay script [Mod: moved]

ebay script [Mod: moved]

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

ebay script [Mod: moved]

Postby ronenya » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:42 pm

Hi,

I would like to have an auto-reply script for processing ebay auction. The scripts should read the message from ebay and reply to the winning user with the auction sum and details.

Can some give an example for something simillar ?

Thanks,
Ronen

Edited by Robin: I've moved this to the Scripts forum
ronenya
Drop-in Visitor

Postby croths » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:59 pm

I sell books on eBay and use the template feature in Poco, not the scripts. This is my basic congratulations template (to a US winner):-
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
Congratulations, you are the highest bidder for the above titled item. American funds are fine with me, I have a U.S. account here. A money order will ensure immediate mailing while a check will cause a delay on the item for only a day or so. If there is good feedback I do not wait the whole 14 days for a check to clear. Either form of payment is fine with me. I also take Paypal.
Please send $ American, which includes surface postage, or $ for air mail. (Surface delivery between Canada and the U.S. can take between two to four weeks. On some very rare occasions it has taken close to six.).  I would appreciate a brief reply, then I know things are on a roll.
Thank you very much and here is my address:-
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I have several other ones to use for different circumstances, like international winners, someone within Canada, or an extra large book where I need the postal code, etc.

I find templates the perfect and quick way to go, I'm not very good with scripts. Hope this helps :)

Maureen.
croths
Poco Tourist

Re: ebay script [Mod: moved]

Postby Michael » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:21 am

ronenya wrote:Hi,

I would like to have an auto-reply script for processing ebay auction. The scripts should read the message from ebay and reply to the winning user with the auction sum and details.

Can some give an example for something simillar ?

Thanks,
Ronen

Edited by Robin: I've moved this to the Scripts forum

To do this via a script you would have to parse the incoming message, create a reply for it and then queue or send it. You can find examples of some of the techniques in scripts in the Extras area (only available to registered users).

Commands you will likely need include:
  • AddHeader
  • AddTo
  • AssignBody
  • CreateMessage
  • Inc
  • LocateLine
  • ReadHeader
  • Set
  • SendMessage

I suggest you read up on these in the PocoScript help file and/or check the scripts in the extras area for examples. (Note: I've undoubtedly missed several commands you will need).
Michael

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To