[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - New Mail special mailbox not working

New Mail special mailbox not working

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

New Mail special mailbox not working

Postby DrJon » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:22 am

I've just installed Barca on another machine and all is good except for the New Mail mailbox not working. i.e. it doesn't show anything, even with several unread and recent (within 10 minutes) messages in the In box.

Of course, this particular user is one who never empties his In box (500+ messages in there) and so the New Mail box would be very useful to him.

Everything is configured the same as my Barca install (in which New mail works well) with the exception of the username and password for the account.

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of such as:

I've emptied the Inbox to just a few new messages.

I've checked the New Mail dat file and both look the same as mine.

Checked the ini files and all appear good.

Have even deleted system.pocosys.mbx and system.pocosys folder. Barca recreates these succesfully when next started and everything except the New Mail works fine.

Numerous reboots of windows. :roll:

Anyone any bright ideas?

Cheers,

Jon.
DrJon
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:32 am

How did you install it on another machine?

One way that works with Barca is simply to copy the entire directory structure that Barca sits in i.e. c:\program files\barca and all subdirectories (assuming you have used the default install options). If you do this, does it work?
robin

Postby Colin » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:51 am

Im having exactly the same problem. Using the evaluation version and nothing at all in the New Mail folder.
Colin
Drop-in Visitor

Postby DrJon » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:51 pm

Have installed on 2 other machines, with the same result. All were installed using the same install program. So, the installs are as follows:

1) Account setup manually. Mailboxes imported from Outlook 2000. New mail works perfectly. :)

2) Settings imported from install 1 by backing up in install 1 and restoring into install 2. Mailboxes imported from OE 6. New mail doesn't work. :(

3) Account setup manually. Mailboxes imported from OE 6. New mail doesn't work. :(

4) Account setup manually. Mailboxes imported from Eudora. New mail disnae work. :(

Is there something that an import from outlook creates that the other imports don't?

On the plus side, all 3 new users love Barca so far.
DrJon
Poco Tourist

Postby DrJon » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:54 pm

Just occured to me that in install 1 I used POImport to import the Outlook folders. The other installs used the import utility built in to Barca. Significant?
DrJon
Poco Tourist

Postby Colin » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:11 am

DrJon wrote:Just occured to me that in install 1 I used POImport to import the Outlook folders. The other installs used the import utility built in to Barca. Significant?

I don't think that's significant. I set up my account manually and my New Mail has always been empty, before I imported any messages.
Colin
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Slaven » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:24 am

Could you locate your New Mail mailbox files right after checking and retrieving some new mail (on the machine where they don't work), zip them up and send them to me at support1 at pocomail.com? They're located at

Barca\Mail\System.pocosys\NewMail.pocosys.*
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby DrJon » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:29 pm

New mail mailbox files sent.
DrJon
Poco Tourist

Return to Barca Help and How-To