[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Poco not seeing my filters file

Poco not seeing my filters file

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Poco not seeing my filters file

Postby ghardenb » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:02 am

filters.ini is in my pocomail4 folder. When I open it as text I see it contains all of my dozens of filters. However, when I open filters in pocomail it is blank. No filters. SO I created one filter and it saved it and I can go back in and reopen filters and it is there and functioning. However, I cannot find the file where this is being kept. Nor can I find any directory entry in poco.ini like there is for signatures, scripts and the other folders that are set in tools/options/directories. How do I figure out where Poco is storing and looking for my filters?
ghardenb
Poco Tourist

Re: Poco not seeing my filters file

Postby MarkB » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:58 am

Perhaps try a search for filters.ini. Windows Search on my Windows 7 setup finds that file (plus occurrences of the text "filters.ini" in Pocomail.bak files and a PocoMail PDF manual). For this to work, you may have to have allow "protected operating system files" in Folder Options > View and "Include system directories" in Folder Options > Search -- I'm not sure about that. Everyone needs to be able to search; if Windows Search won't work for you, perhaps try a third-party application.

The folder name you mention, Pocomail4, suggests the PocoMail installation folder in Program Files. That location is a little unusual for settings files in a modern Windows OS. A more expected location would be the user's app data area along with your mail, address book, templates, user's spelling dictionary, poco.ini, etc.

I suppose if the newer, working filters.ini is found sitting there in your app data among those other expected files and folders, then a quick and dirty solution would be to copy the old filters.ini over top of the newer one. That, however, ignores to issue of what exactly screwed things up.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Re: Poco not seeing my filters file

Postby MarkB » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:56 am

The short version:
Enable Folder Options > View > Show hidden files, folders, and drives. Then navigate to
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Pocomail
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To