[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Pocomail and Windows 10

Pocomail and Windows 10

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Pocomail and Windows 10

Postby NZRussell » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Very interested to hear if any other Pocomail users have upgraded to Windows 10 and if your Pocomail still works fine?

Thanks, NZRussell.
NZRussell
Poco Tourist

Re: Pocomail and Windows 10

Postby LostCircuits » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:23 pm

In short, everything "appears" to be working, however here is the problem:
I can download the emails and read them but when I exit the program, I get the error message "unable to create in.mbx file" and the next time I launch pocomail, the emails are no longer anywhere to be found
In fact, for whatever reason, any email after 2011 was nuked from my in-folder and I have not clue why that is.

I have about 1300 emails in my "Trash" that I can't delete because of the same issue: "unable to create trash.mbx file"

I am a bit at a loss, this entire thing caused a near catastrophic loss of some important emails / documents but maybe somebody can shed some light on the issue and figure out a work-around.

Thanks
LostCircuits
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:26 am

I didn't install Windows 10 yet, thus can't comment on that, except feeling that what you report seems very close to or same what has been reported by some users on Windows 8 or Windows 7.

You can try to select from menu Tools > Options, Directories, and check what the path to folders is, and whether you aren't offered option (blue linked text) to migrate data to new location.

The recommended place for storing emails is either in 'My Documents' or (preferred) the 'Application Data' folder under 'Documents and Settings\YourName\'
If you will store them in your Pocomail or Barca installation directories under Program Files, that could cause the problems described.

If the problem is despite emails stored under My Documents or Application Data, I would also check whether antivirus doesn't need some tweaking - ie. elevate Pocomail rights or set an exception for the folders where emails are stored so that antivirus ignores the files.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby ente » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:44 am

Pocomail and Windows 10 go together well. At least here in Zurich...

But I have other problems: I have a new homepage and for that we had to change the hoster. Pocomail doesn't like him. Sometime it works, somedays not. But only with this particular host. The old one, which I use for my privat mail til December 31st and the host which will replace the old one for my private mail, work fine. And for all three the account settings are identic!

And ther is another problem: In the IN folder there is only the index visible, the preview pane stays empty. Only after opening the mail and then clicking on reply, the text of the incoming mail becomes visible. Most probaly this is caused by some error in the settings. Only I tried all kind of changes - without any success.

Has anybody some suggestions?
happy seasons wishes
Goetz (ente)
ente
Resident Poster

Postby ente » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Pocomail decided to be working again. The morning after I had written this mail, when I turned the computer on and started Pocomail, the printer began to ratter and a few minutes later about a hundred mails have been printed... And the preview showed the text...

There is only one thing left - for a long time already: For some mails the preview does not enter linebreaks and only part of the mail is visible. To make all text visible, I have to press the bounce button. Most probably this is a settings problem. But - I tried all kind of changes - without success. Can anybody help?
Cordially,
Goetz (aka ente)
ente
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To