[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Pocomail and windows 10

Pocomail and windows 10

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Pocomail and windows 10

Postby Tom Cane » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:50 am

Hi
I would like to up grade from win 8.1 which Pocomail works well on to win 10 but can't afford to loose the ability to view and print my historic emails + their attachments

Has anybody upgraded from win 8.1 and if so does pocomail still work?

I'm less concerned about ongoing use as I intend to move to outlook email to allow better access when traveling

cheers

Tom
Tom Cane
New Arrival

Re: Pocomail and windows 10

Postby jbuk » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:03 am

I have just installed Win10 a couple of days ago as a trial and copied the entire Pocomail directory over in to W10. PM seems to be working normally for me, so far anyway.

Caveats: This runs PM effectively as a portable program, i.e. not installed and I have all the mail folders within the same folder/directory as the program files on my D:\ drive. All I needed to do was to copy the registry key ; HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Poco Systems Inc\PocoMail 4 which contains the licence key to remove the Purchase now warning.

Just make sure you have a complete backup of some kind and you then have nothing to lose.
jbuk
Resident Poster

Return to General Discussion