[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PocoMail & SP2

PocoMail & SP2

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PocoMail & SP2

Postby cm64 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:00 am

Hi
I am running a old version of PocoMail, 2.6. The volume of my email is very low so I have not had the need or the spare cash to upgrade.
I am running XP Pro SP1 & I would like to upgrade to SP2. Has anyone got any feedback on PocoMail, any version, under SP2. There hasn't been much in the forums which I take as a good sign that PM is OK with the OS upgrade.
cm64
New Arrival

Postby JD » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:49 am

Before upgrading to SP-2, go to your PC manufacturer's site and search for any necessary upgrades/patches. For example, I recently bought an HP Pavilion a610n. I went to the HP site and found a link that referenced the SP2 upgrade. It had a list of patches needed prior to upgrading. I installed the patches, then installed SP2 and so far no problems at all. It will probably save you some headache, not necessarily related to Poco but other problems you may experience.

By the way, the SP2 download (in my case) was a little over 70 MB. Hopefully you have broadband.

Good luck!
JD
Poco Tourist

Postby speerga » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:06 am

I'm running Pocomail 3.2 under XP w/SP2 and have had no problems. But I don't even have a version 2 around to see whether it would be an issue.

But if I can find one on some backup files or something, I'll give it a shot and let you know.

Gary Speer
speerga
Resident Poster

Postby speerga » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:17 am

Wow! That was fun!

I actually remembered, after my post above, where to find a copy of Pocomail 2.6 build 1111 on one of my backup CDs.

I installed that; it works like a charm under my Windows XP Home, SP2 installation. I even got it working like a breeze with avast anti-virus, K9 antispam AND checking my gmail account via the FreePOPs proxy.

So, yeah, I'd guess Pocomail 2 works with XP SP2. (Do we actually use words anymore when we talk computers or just numbers and acronyms?? :shock: )

Gary Speer
speerga
Resident Poster

Postby COD » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:25 am

I upgraded to SP2 over the weekend. My wife is running 2.6 and I have observed no problems with it and SP2.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby cm64 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:39 am

Many Thanks to everybody who replied. You have been a great help. I feel much happier about going to SP2.

Regards
cm64
New Arrival

Postby robin » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:56 am

My father is running 3.2 under WinXPPro SP2 with no problems.
robin

Postby Donna » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:36 am

I didn't have problem with PM 3.1 in XP SP2. No problem with PM 3.2 too. :)
Calendar of Updates
Keep Your Security Software Current
Upgrades, Updates & Definitions
Donna
Drop-in Visitor

Return to General Discussion