[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to change the default POP port settings?

How to change the default POP port settings?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to change the default POP port settings?

Postby shanmugam » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:02 pm

Hi,

I like barca to read mails from my different account. Now the problem is I dont use the default pop port of 110.

How do I change this setting for different account ..

if this is not possible then I dont have choice ..

Cheers

SG
shanmugam
New Arrival

Re: How to change the default POP port settings?

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:41 pm

Hi shanmugam & welcome to Poco Forum. :D
shanmugam wrote:I like barca to read mails from my different account. Now the problem is I dont use the default pop port of 110.
How do I change this setting for different account ..

This is what the helpfile under Setting Up-> Multiple Email accounts says:
If your Incoming Server requires a special port number to work just add the port number to the end of the server setting name, preceded by a colon. For example, to set port number 123 just add "MyServer.domain:123".
I hope this helps! :wink:
Eric

Postby shanmugam » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:33 pm

Thanks Eric,

Figured it out .. all works well now.

Now that it downloads all the mails into one single INBOX, is it possible to have multiple account settings .. meaning, for everyout account .. inbox, outbox, etc .. So mail from that account is whats stored in that ?

Barca is very nice .. thanks to the developers :)
shanmugam
New Arrival

Postby GHaavy » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:38 pm

Hi shanmugan,

It's a fairly simple process to setup separate in/out boxes for each account.

Simply create new mailboxes (hit the down arrow located in the Mailboxes title bar, or right click within the mailbox area) and choose "New Mailbox". naming them appropriately (i.e. Account2 Inbox, Account2 Sent, etc.).

Then, edit each account to point to those mailboxes as it's default (Accounts>select the account Edit>Mailboxes>choose the appropriate mailbox within the drop-down list)

That should be it.

- Grant
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Postby ankupan » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:41 pm

ohh, I am too late to share information.
ankupan
Resident Poster

Postby shanmugam » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:58 pm

GHaavy, Thanks for the info.

Yes, all works well now and can be very organized. Excellent program and serioulsy thinking of adopting this one (am a TheBat! loyalist).

If any other TheBat! people around here, let me know what was your reason for the switch over ..

Anyway, its an excellent program and will definitely recomend to all comes on my way ..

Cheers..
shanmugam
New Arrival

Return to Barca Help and How-To