[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Date Format in PocoMail/PE

Date Format in PocoMail/PE

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Date Format in PocoMail/PE

Postby awm » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:03 am

Hi, I am new, so please forgive any infractions to protocol <g>...

I am asking about how to format the date field in the list view. Using PocoMail/PE latest and shiniest!

Thanks in advance...
awm
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:33 am

Tools -> Options -> (Reading Mail) -> Index Options
robin

Postby awm » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:36 am

robin wrote:Tools -> Options -> (Reading Mail) -> Index Options

Thanks for the reply. That gives me a only TWO ways to display date: Display date/time in short format and its opposite - long format. Hmmm... I want to get rid of the Day and actually format the date display to be yyyy-mm-dd. I do not want to change the date on the email, just the display of it.

Any ideas?
awm
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:13 pm

Yes - you can do it in PM3.2 (and I assume that it applies to PE but read on...). PM gets the date format from the computer settings - therefore to get the display that you want to see you need to go into Control Panel -> Regional Settings -> Customize (sic) and change the "short date" format.

However I can see that with PE, if you are using it on a memory stick in an intenet cafe (for example) this might be a problem.
robin

Setting up date in message view

Postby awm » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:09 am

robin wrote:Yes - you can do it in PM3.2 (and I assume that it applies to PE but read on...). PM gets the date format from the computer settings - therefore to get the display that you want to see you need to go into Control Panel -> Regional Settings -> Customize (sic) and change the "short date" format.

However I can see that with PE, if you are using it on a memory stick in an intenet cafe (for example) this might be a problem.

That did the trick!!! Thanks. I can live with the date being set up other than what I want when I use PocoMail/PE on a "foreign" computer, but on my own machine I like it my way. For some reason, thedate set up on my own machine was not yyyy-mm-dd and I need to investigate why it changed.
awm
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Setting up date in message view

Postby robin » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:05 am

awm wrote:That did the trick!!!
Great :D
robin

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To