[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Copy Junkmail settings from one computer to another?

Copy Junkmail settings from one computer to another?

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Copy Junkmail settings from one computer to another?

Postby GHaavy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:27 am

I have two copies of Barca (one at work, one at home). The copy on my work computer has been installed for several weeks, while my home copy has only recently been installed.

I'm using the same email account at both places.

Is it possible to copy all of the junkmail filter settings (word lists, etc.) from one computer to the other in order to reduce the amount of re-training I have to do?

- Grant
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Postby COD » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:28 am

Does backup and restore do it? It transferred all my pre Bayesian settings - but since I don't use the Poco junk mail filters at all now, I don't know how it would handle your Bayesian data.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby GHaavy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:50 am

Great suggestion, COD, I'll try that on Tuesday.

Thanks,

Grant
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Michael » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:55 pm

You could also just copy the relevant files (all from/to your \Barca\Mail\" directory)

• DBGood.ini
  • DBSpam.ini

If you are using both the Bayesian and Poco's builtin junk mail filters then also copy the following files

• exceptsenders.txt
  • exceptreceivers.txt
  • junkbody.txt
  • junksender.txt
  • junksubject.txt
Michael

Postby GHaavy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:34 pm

That's great information, thanks Michael!

- Grant
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Pete » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:20 pm

Also, there might be some junkmail-related lines in Poco.ini that you have to copy. In particular, some of these lines contain word counts of dbgood.ini and/or dbspam.ini.
Pete

Postby saoir » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:04 am

A friend of mine is a new Pocomail user and we want to move my large Junk mail history and settings to him to save him developing a history himself..

Are the only files that need to be exported to his PC...

* DBGood.ini
* DBSpam.ini

Or are there other files ?
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:21 am

Hi saoir,
saoir wrote:Are the only files that need to be exported to his PC
As mentionned by Michael, these are the ones for Bayesian junkmail filtering.
Of course your friend will have to configure the Bayesian settings himself, according to yours.
Or did you've something other in mind. :wink:
Eric

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:41 am

No that's fine Eric. I have never grasped the meaning of the Bayesian settings and have never changed them from the default for fear of screwing them up :)

Postby saoir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:33 am

Oooops. That was me that posted that one... forgot to sign in :)
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:43 am

saoir wrote:Oooops. That was me that posted that one... forgot to sign in :)
I already guessed that. :lol:
Eric

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To