[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - New install - no import Poco 3.1 data

New install - no import Poco 3.1 data

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

New install - no import Poco 3.1 data

Postby Jim_Linch » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:18 pm

While installing on Win XPpro the import function did not work nor does is from inside Baca when selecting poco.ini

I even rebooted teh computer and still get nothing, no error, nothing.

Any ideas? I ccould not find a thread on this.

Also is the Barca license going to be good indefinately like Poco?
Jim_Linch
New Arrival
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:07 pm

Re: New install - no import Poco 3.1 data

Postby Alpha » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:10 am

Jim_Linch wrote:While installing on Win XPpro the import function did not work nor does is from inside Baca when selecting poco.ini
Poco?


According to the Help file, you can use Backup and Restore. Details are included under the importing data section.
Alpha
 

Postby Jim_Linch » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:18 pm

Thank you, it seems to have worked fine. I would have never guessed to "restore" from another product. I thought that was the function of an "import".

Is there a post on the license agreement? The help files do not mention when we must purchase a new product. I can't remember if I had to purchase Pocomail gain when it went to 3.0 or not? Will Barca require upgrade purchase at any major increment like version 2.0 or is the license for life?
Jim_Linch
New Arrival
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:07 pm

Postby robin » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:06 pm

Jim_Linch wrote:Is there a post on the license agreement? The help files do not mention when we must purchase a new product. I can't remember if I had to purchase Pocomail gain when it went to 3.0 or not? Will Barca require upgrade purchase at any major increment like version 2.0 or is the license for life?
The way it has tended to work is that minor version are usually FOC to registered users, but a major (e.g. 1. -> 2. ) usually has an upgrade fee. This is not unreasonable and I would expect to see the same progression in Barca.

However this is only my opinion and only PSI can state for certain.
robin
 

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:51 am

robin wrote:
Jim_Linch wrote:Is there a post on the license agreement? The help files do not mention when we must purchase a new product. I can't remember if I had to purchase Pocomail gain when it went to 3.0 or not? Will Barca require upgrade purchase at any major increment like version 2.0 or is the license for life?
The way it has tended to work is that minor version are usually FOC to registered users, but a major (e.g. 1. -> 2. ) usually has an upgrade fee...


Thanks Robin. Something like that. As is our practise, minor bug fixes will not require payments, but major releases will. In general we do not offer unlimited upgrades.

FYI: The idea that a major release involves a version number change to an integer is a practise, but not a policy.
Jim
 


Return to Barca Help and How-To

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron