[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - basic macro & scripting help [Mod: Moved]

basic macro & scripting help [Mod: Moved]

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Postby Michael » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:59 pm

janrif wrote:
Michael wrote:I hope this gives you an idea of the power that PocoScript provides.

Yes it certainly does & it's overwhelming. I guess I have at least two problems:

1. enough imagination to find tasks for PocoMail to do for me that it's not already doing.

2. figure out the best way to appoach the task.

I think I'll start with the first one first & then read some more but just to illustrate the depth of my ignoranance you provided me with a script to do what I asked but I can't figure out how to implement it.

I guess it's via events, i.e. attach event to outgoing mail addressed to specific addresses or whatever.

Appreciate your patience & admire your talent, Michael. I'll keep trying & come back when I've done some homework.

Thanks.

Janrif:

The script I posted is a modified version of one I wrote as an experiment to try to implement some more advanced template techniques. There are a few possible ways to implement the script. The easiest is probably via an Outgoing message action. The only problem is that this appears to double space the signature. I'm not sure what is going on there, if I get some time I'll take a look into that.

To help with understanding PocoScript I will add some comments to the above script to help explain what is going on and why I did certain thinigs the way I did.
Michael

using %toemail% in the reply to line of a template

Postby janrif » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:00 pm

Michael wrote:I'm confused to, are you saying that when you receive a message from x@somewhere.com with a reply-to header of y@somewhereelse.com you would like configure Poco to automatically use z@anotherplace.com?

Thanks for reponding to my post & sorry for the confusion.

Here's a practical example of what I'm talking about. Let's say I belong to an email list & I rcv a msg via the group. Simply using 'reply to' sender (with which I can incorporate selected text, etc) will send my msg to the group which is proper.

But sometimes a back channel, i.e. private reply, is preferable in which case I would like to be able to point to the original from address & reply to that address.

Currently I can easily 'send to' any address I point to but not 'reply to'. I hope this clarifies my question.

Thank you.
janrif
Ridgefield, CT USA
w2k-sp4
janrif
Resident Poster

Previous

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To