[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - not enough different kind of entries?

not enough different kind of entries?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

not enough different kind of entries?

Postby ralph76 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:42 am

hi everybody,

i also tried out barca, but i can't get out of it what i want. if i remember correctly, there wher three kind of entries (appointment, ...) for the calender.

but what if i have an entry to make, that doesn't fit one of those? i have a lot of "all-the-day-entries" that are no appointments, that are just "there". e.g., i work for a company where i have to plan to with release dates of other products - i hope, you get the picture now...

also i never figured out, how to change the background color of the entries. i mean, i found the right option, but it didn't change anything...

so, come on, try to convince me of barca ;-)
ralph76
New Arrival

Re: not enough different kind of entries?

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:49 am

Hi ralph76 and welcome back to Poco Forum. :D
ralph76 wrote:but what if i have an entry to make, that doesn't fit one of those? i have a lot of "all-the-day-entries" that are no appointments, that are just "there". e.g., i work for a company where i have to plan to with release dates of other products - i hope, you get the picture now...
:roll: If you make an all day event in the Calendar, does that help you?
also i never figured out, how to change the background color of the entries. i mean, i found the right option, but it didn't change anything...
I'm having no problem whatsoever in changing the font color or background color.
so, come on, try to convince me of barca ;-)
We're trying. :lol:
Last edited by Eric on Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Postby GHaavy » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:06 am

ralph76 wrote:so, come on, try to convince me of barca ;-)
I absolutely love it... I had been using primarily Outlook/Express up until a few weeks ago when a friend of mine convinced me to try Barca. It's the best email client I've ever used and once PDA synchronisation is included, I'll be using Barca exclusively.

If that does nothing for you... what happens when I say please? :wink:

- Grant
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Postby ralph76 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:19 pm

Eric wrote:If you make an all day event in the Calendar, does that help you?

hi eric, thanx for your help...
i just can't figure it out. i choose a day in the calender, doubleclick it. then i can choose between "appt", "call" and "todo". i check "all day event" and set the category to e.g. "important". the field next to "bkgrd" now shows the chosen background color. But when i click "save and close", the entry is still grey in the calender...
ralph76
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:56 am

ralph76 wrote:But when i click "save and close", the entry is still grey in the calender...
:roll: Something got corrupt, because it's working on my system.
:idea: A long shot, but if you reinstall and then import data from a previous install and exclude the program preferences and settings, does that help?
:!: Make a backup before doing this and try it first in the new installation, before importing.
Eric

Postby noramar » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:37 am

Quote:

It hasn't worked on my system at all since I installed it. It's not important enough to me at this point to try uninstalling and reinstalling, but it should be noted that ralph76 is not the only one with this problem.

Y'all have a great week!

P.S. Unrelated to this problem, any reason why I can't seem to reply to this post in HTML? I specifically turned HTML on in my preferences, but the Options continue to say that HTML is OFF.
:?:
noramar
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:03 pm

noramar wrote:P.S. Unrelated to this problem, any reason why I can't seem to reply to this post in HTML? I specifically turned HTML on in my preferences, but the Options continue to say that HTML is OFF.
:?:
My guess is that it is disabled by the forum administrator - even moderators can't :lol: BBCode should do all that you want.
robin

Postby J-Mac » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:03 am

Eric wrote:
ralph76 wrote:But when i click "save and close", the entry is still grey in the calender...
:idea: A long shot, but if you reinstall and then import data from a previous install and exclude the program preferences and settings, does that help?
:!: Make a backup before doing this and try it first in the new installation, before importing.

Eric,

I've been using Barca since the first beta and the background color has never worked. And if I remember correctly, that was true for several beta testers. I figured it was a future enhancement.

Are you saying that the the page background in the one day view matched the background color you select? And the bar on the monthly view also reflects that color?

All gray on mine!

The only place color works for me is in the Planner.
J-Mac
J-Mac
Poco Enthusiast

Location: The Great State of Pennsylvania, in the Merry Old Land of Oz!

Postby J-Mac » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:37 am

I decided to play around with this a bit.

Oddly enough, I DO get the proper colors for background if I DO NOT make it an all day event.

However, when entering an appointment, To-Do, or Call event that spans more than one day, upon saving it Barca prompts you to make it an All-Day event because it spans more than a day. If you click "Yes", no color. If you click "No", color background is fine.

I've been docilely accepting Barca's recommendation to change it to an All Day event, thus, no color.

Why does Barca seem to want the event changed to All Day? If it's not set-up that way and you click "Yes", Barca changes it - and there is no way to change it back! You must delete and re-enter.

If you DO set it up as an All Day event to begin with, you get no such offer from Barca.

Also, why would All Day events not be in color? By design? Or will this be a fix for the next release?.

Can someone else please try to replicate this? I want to make sure it's not just a corrupt installation on my PC.

Thanks!
J-Mac
J-Mac
Poco Enthusiast

Location: The Great State of Pennsylvania, in the Merry Old Land of Oz!

Return to Barca Help and How-To