[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - OnTime Event

OnTime Event

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

OnTime Event

Postby ronenya » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:36 pm

Hello,

I am trying to use the OnTime event to go through the Inbox every 5 Min. reply to messages from eBay(endofauction@ebay.com) according to the Script Setup parameters and the other to delete. This doesn't seems to work. The script isn't executed at all(not seen at the log window as well). To execute it I need to run the script manually through AllScriptsRun.

Is there anything I have to pay attention to when using the onTime event? I am using Poco V3.1
Try to live every day as if it was the last day of your life.
ronenya
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Michael » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:32 am

OnTimer events do not (currently) have any way of iterating through a mailbox to select messages based on certain criteria. I would suggest that an Incoming message script is what you want to use for this purpose. If you want the script to perform different actions based on whether it is running automatically on incoming messages or when you are running it manually look at the #PocoScriptMode variable. The list of modes in the help file is incomplete, additional ones based on the events are listed in the unofficial faq.
Michael

Using a Filter solved the problem

Postby ronenya » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:33 am

The Filter trigerred the script for the right sender and I have now a functioning auto-reply and parsing solution for informing buyers at ebay.

Thanks for your help Michael.
ronenya
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To