[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Former Eudora Users Take on PocoMail

Former Eudora Users Take on PocoMail

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Former Eudora Users Take on PocoMail

Postby clambert11 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:41 pm

I was a former Eudora user in search of a new email client. Eudora met my needs, but I was growing old of the look and decided to try something new for awhile. Outlook and Outlook Express are 2 mainstream for me. I wanted something unique & cool.

Remembering back on a Screen Savers segment (btw... what the h3ll has happened 2 TechTV anyway since Comcast took over?!?!?!), I decided to give PocoMail a try. I really love the look and feel of the client. I'm still new to the ap (4 days or so), but it's laid out really well and you gain experience quickly due to it's ease of use. The help section seems like they actually put time into, which is something you don't see too much anymore. A help section that actually helps, can you believe it?

There are a couple beefs I had that made me wish I was using Eudora for that moment. First, I like the ability to reply to styled email without losing the styles. I recently found out in a previous post that it's not possible with PocoMail. I guess they prefer to strip that info in favor of style quoted text, which is something I can't really get into. Perhaps it is something that may be incorporated in the future as an option.

The other minor beef I had with PocoMail was adding Group Addresses to the address book. While dragging and dropping may seem nice, it becomes somewhat difficult with a larger address book. It would be nice in the future if an add button could be included within the Group Address dialog box. Then using the control button you could select multiple users. This really isn't even a huge deal. I mean how many times do you make group addresses?

Overall, I gotta say that I really like PocoMail. It looks good. It feels good. And for the most part, it's very user friendly. I'm going to take full advantage of my trial to decide what I want to do. It would have been a no brainer for me if it kept the styled settings in a replied message.

Keep up the good work Poco Systems!
Last edited by clambert11 on Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clambert11
Poco Tourist

Postby clambert11 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:30 pm

For what it's worth, I already found an easier way to add addresses to a group (note the problem above). If the address list pane is open, which I normally do not use, the process of dragging and dropping to a group works easily.

Cool!
clambert11
Poco Tourist

Re: Former Eudora Users Take on PocoMail

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:00 pm

clambert11 wrote:There are a couple beefs I had that made me wish I was using Eudora for that moment. First, I like the ability to reply to styled email without losing the styles. I recently found out in a previous post that it's not possible with PocoMail. I guess they prefer to strip that info in favor of style quoted text, which is something I can't really get into. Perhaps it is something that may be incorporated in the future as an option.

This is something several people have asked for. At the moment there are two ways to preserve styles within messages. The first is to change some of the options as described in this article in the unofficial FAQ. The second option is to use a script. The script option is far from perfect in doing the job but it does it's best to retain the styling codes. I don't recall what the exact problems were when it was last tested (these were posted in the old forum which isn't back online yet).

clambert11 wrote:The other minor beef I had with PocoMail was adding Group Addresses to the address book. While dragging and dropping may seem nice, it becomes somewhat difficult with a larger address book. It would be nice in the future if an add button could be included within the Group Address dialog box. Then using the control button you could select multiple users. This really isn't even a huge deal. I mean how many times do you make group addresses?

There used to be an "Add" button in the group contact sheet, I think it inadvertently got lost in the last build before the current version was delivered and this was not something that was caught in the beta testing.
Michael

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To