[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Poco and AVAST

Poco and AVAST

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Poco and AVAST

Postby MonBidoux » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:07 pm

It would seem according to support team, that AVAST strips the codes from newsletters i receive. I know there is no danger of receiving viruses (or virtually none) with Poco but i can't do without AVAST. New AVG consumes to much system resources. Can someone recommend a good free AV that works well with Poco?

Edit Eric: Moved to Email Hall
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Re: Poco and AVAST

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:22 pm

MonBidoux wrote:Can someone recommend a good free AV that works well with Poco?
Have a look at this topic. :wink:
Eric

Postby MonBidoux » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:35 pm

Thanks Eric, i should find my answer there.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby MonBidoux » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:35 pm

Eric,

After reading the thread you so graciously pointed out to me, i headed out to AVAST forum to see if it would be their software making the problem.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=10831.0

To make a long story short, it doesn't seem to be so. As mentioned in that thread at the end, another newsletter i'm subscribed to does not have it's codes "stripped" even if AVAST is running.

The other question i made was why this doesn't occur in Thunderbird or Outlook?

So, i would be propense at this point and time to think it is Poco's problem.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:16 pm

Monbidoux wrote:To make a long story short, it doesn't seem to be so. As mentioned in that thread at the end, another newsletter i'm subscribed to does not have it's codes "stripped" even if AVAST is running.
:idea: Better would be to send this newsletter (if not too confidential) to Poco Support, so they can have a look at it.
The other question i made was why this doesn't occur in Thunderbird or Outlook?
Can't give you an answer on that. I've never used those two, but I've used many others before. :lol:
So, i would be propense at this point and time to think it is Poco's problem.
Maybe it's a Poco problem, but maybe it's not. It could also be the newsletter in question, because you received other newsletters where the codes weren't stripped.
Are you using a spam blocker in combination with Avast?
Best to provide as much info as possible about your configuration to Poco Support, so they can replicate the 'problem'.

Good luck & have a nice weekend. ;)
Eric

Return to Email Hall