[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - List of email addresses

List of email addresses

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

List of email addresses

Postby weese237 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:23 am

Hi,
Is there a way I can get a list of emails (filtered somehow to not allow duplicates) that I received addressed to one of my email addresses? I want to send a change of address notice.

If I use the search function, as you can imagine, I not only get the results, but also all the duplicates. :cry:

Can I then export them to Word or Excel? Even if I get all the duplicates, I can at least eliminate them in Excel.

Thanks!
weese237
Poco Tourist

Re: List of email addresses

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:39 am

Hi weese237 & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
weese237 wrote:Is there a way I can get a list of emails (filtered somehow to not allow duplicates) that I received addressed to one of my email addresses? I want to send a change of address notice.
I suppose a script could do it on incoming messages, but I'm no expert in scripts. :?
Also you could always take a look into the Extras or the Script section.
If I use the search function, as you can imagine, I not only get the results, but also all the duplicates. :cry:
Better eliminate duplicates.
Can I then export them to Word or Excel? Even if I get all the duplicates, I can at least eliminate them in Excel.
If it's a script, it will probably write the address to a text file, which you could easily import in Excel. :)

I hope this helps for now. :wink:

Moved to PocoScript to get better attention
Eric

Postby Michael » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:04 am

A script could do this, there are a couple of possible ways to approach it.
  1. Run against selected messages gathering the unique from addresses for each of them to a text file. You would have to provide a mechanism for clearing the list.
  2. Scanning the mailbox index files (.idx) to locate the email addresses. This could be done in one step but gets very complex due to the need to recurse through the mailbox directories to find all the sub-mailboxes.
Michael

Postby weese237 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:44 am

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. I didn't want anyone to go to any trouble! I thought that if something was already available, great! otherwise, I would try something else.

What I did do in the interim, is made a new address book called "registrations" and started entering them in there. As you know, anyone not in the address book shows up with the plus sign next to their address so it was easy to pick out the ones that weren't there already. This way, I can just print the address book.

Thanks for all your help!
Louise
weese237
Poco Tourist

Postby Michael » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:48 pm

Here is a quick script that may assist in this. I am writing this right here so I haven't done any testing of it. Remember to use the Script Setup tool to set the name of the address book for storing the addresses before you run this script.
Code: Select all
External $AddrBook "Address book" "registrations"
ReadHeader $From "From:" %Message
Set $FromAddr $From
ExtractEMail $FromAddr
IsAddressPresent &Known $FromAddr  $AddrBook
If &Known Then Done
AddRawAddress $AddrBook $From
:Done
Exit
Michael

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To